Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading Benches

Old 01-13-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Reloading Benches

Evening, folks

was hoping I could get a few ideas from ya'll on building my own reloading bench. My basic idea is 4x4 legs, 2x4 top frame, a2ft x4ft 3/4" plywood top with fiberboard applied to it and a series of cross braces to make it extra sturdy across the top section. It's all open to suggestions and even if someone has some plans they want to share.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reloading Benches

I'm not sure what you mean by fiberboard and whether this goes on the top surface or underneath. Check where the mounting holes of your press will be on the top surface. I made a mistake one time when building a bench, and the press mounting holes fell in line with the seam of two 2x4's.
Also, it will help considerably if you run stringers around the legs a foot or so off the ground to give added stability. If possible, bolt the bench to a wall, the floor, or both. Strength and stability are most important. Also, make it bigger than you think you will need. It will fill up quick. The top surface of my benches are 2x6's covered with 1/2" plywood. Your idea of underbracing the top is a good one.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

You know ifyou go to the Natioal reloading Manufactors Association web site they have a free plan on a Bench that is grate.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

How much room do you have? Make it as big as you possible can. You will need the extra room in the future.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 reloading benches. On the heavy one I glued and nailed 2x4's together on edge for a solid top then used an industrial sander to smooth the top.
The other I use for shotgun reloading. The top is simply a 4' counter top putchased at a Lowes or home depot. The top has a backsplash that keeps stuff from falling off the back, kind of nice. The counter tops are reasonably priced as well. Not as heavy as the 2x4's but plenty good for shotshell reloading and I would not hesitate to use it for metalic reloading either
Old 01-14-2007, 02:54 PM

Thanks guys! Room is okay.. going to use my computer room as I can climate control it alot better then the garage. Its about a 14' wide by 20' long. My house is laid out really strange.. I even have 2 front doors and 2 back doors, can't confirm it but always struck me as a converted duplex. Only thing in here now is my comp desk in one corner, a 5-gun rack and stuff on the walls.
I'll go look at those plans on that website. There was some in I think it was Handloader mag but its more then I wanted to start out with till I'm sure reloading is going to stick with me.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttt

Trying to figure out how to post a picture. I did one last week. Now I forgot how I did it!!!!! Tom.

I think I figured it out.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is mine.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:25 PM

I use a oak topped credenza with service module

Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1652875&mpage=1&key=reloading%2c bench&#1655048

I thread I started a while back. Has a few pics.

Quick Reply: Reloading Benches

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.