Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

data for .243win 65 grain vmax bullets with hodgdon h414

Old 12-13-2006, 05:04 PM

Default data for .243win 65 grain vmax bullets with hodgdon h414

theres no data out there yet just wondering ive been using factory rounds have a 22 inch bull barrel
Old 12-14-2006, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: data for .243win 65 grain vmax bullets with hodgdon h414

yes there is data...... I just looked in 4 books that show data for the load. its listed in the 2004, 2005, and 2006 hodgdon annual manuals and Lyman's 48th edition handbook it probably even listed in lee's manual but I loaned that book out. Im not gonna share the data with you because its highly irritating to me when people want to reload but wont spend a little extra money on a good reloading manual and just rely on the handout panflit load books and websites. ofcourse you are not gonna find the load by relying on websites and those panflits handed out at gunstores. BUY A GOOD RELOADING MANUAL!!!

heres a few to list

Hodgdon's Annual Manual $8
Lyman $18
RCBS $13
Lee's guide to modern reloading $17

there are others too but these are what I have.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:29 AM

all i have are books form the 80s ill have to get a new book thank you for your time
Old 12-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

243fawn, you should get new books every few years. Powders change. New bullets come out. Keep it safe!
Old 12-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

yes there is data...... I just looked in 4 books that show data for the load. its listed in the 2004, 2005, and 2006 hodgdon annual manuals and Lyman's 48th edition handbook it probably even listed in lee's manual but I loaned that book out. Im not gonna share the data with you because its highly irritating to me when people want to reload but wont spend a little extra money on a good reloading manual and just rely on the handout panflit load books and websites. ofcourse you are not gonna find the load by relying on websites and those panflits handed out at gunstores. BUY A GOOD RELOADING MANUAL!!!

heres a few to list

Lyman $18
RCBS $13

I hope you have a question that instead of someone giving you an answer they tell you to go out and buy a book. This site is to help people. It took you more time to explain why not to give him the answer then just give it to him. If you don't want to help him then just don't post. I guess you never got advice or help in a situation when some holier then thou person could have just told you how irritated they were with you asking for help and to just go buy something to figure it out. Wish I was that smart.

243fan I'll checkthe booksI have when I get home this eve and will be happy to post it for you if I have what you need.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

I do not like the idea of loads that are posted on the web on message boards. There can be typos, guys who load a little hot, any number of dangerous possibilites.

You can go straight to Hodgdon's site and get their recommended loads.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:33 PM

Having done a bunch of loading for the .243 with 55 and 65 gr. bullets; I will tell that I had the best luck with H414. I normally used IMR 4350 with bullets heavier than 80 grains.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

heres a few to list

Lyman $18
RCBS $13

I hope you have a question that instead of someone giving you an answer they tell you to go out and buy a book. This site is to help people. It took you more time to explain why not to give him the answer then just give it to him. If you don't want to help him then just don't post. I guess you never got advice or help in a situation when some holier then thou person could have just told you how irritated they were with you asking for help and to just go buy something to figure it out. Wish I was that smart.

243fan I'll checkthe booksI have when I get home this eve and will be happy to post it for you if I have what you need.

yea yea you're right I was in a funky mood the other night. but still people should update on the books.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

243fan I couldnt find it in my books either. 70grain was the smallest they had.

H.D.W., I guess we all have bad days.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:07 AM

yea my books dont have the bilistic tip bullets and the go from 55 to 70 i will get a new book though

Quick Reply: data for .243win 65 grain vmax bullets with hodgdon h414

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.