Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Chronographs?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Chronographs?

I don't have one, but I'm thinking about getting one. Any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chronographs?

Well, I recently bought a new "Chrony" in the Beta Master series. Easy to use and understand. Brings the digital readout screen back onto the shooting bench with you, so you can see your numbers immediately. I think it's a nice piece for the money. You can get simpler models in the "Chrony" line too, if you choose. So far, I'm pleased with it. Wish I'd gotten one years ago.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
bigcountry

I have a F1 and it works. Little finicky however. Sometimes gets error messages, and needs good lighting conditions.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got the Shooting Chrony Beta Master and have been really pleased with it. It's easy to set up and doesn't take up much room when stored away. I do occassionally get bad readings (or no readings), but overall it works well.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a chrony F1- it olnly costs around $69.
It works well, but like BC said, you need plenty of light.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:54 PM

North Texan,

I got a chrony back in the mid 80's, the ones with the black plastic shoot throughs. If the light wasn't right you got a lot of errors. I got tired of that and bought a new chrony last year. Under the same conditions I have yet to get any errors. I looked at all the models and got the F1, its real simple. Just un-fold it and attach it to your tripod. No cables to run from the unit to your bench. I don't always set it up,depends on how busy the range is. I made up a range sheet and just write down each shot.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

Well, I recently bought a new "Chrony" in the Beta Master series. Easy to use and understand. Brings the digital readout screen back onto the shooting bench with you, so you can see your numbers immediately. I think it's a nice piece for the money. You can get simpler models in the "Chrony" line too, if you choose. So far, I'm pleased with it. Wish I'd gotten one years ago.
Ditto...
Old 12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a "Pro Chrony" which has worked well For me. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been looking into getting one as well. It would help for more than just reloading. I also shoot paintall and a bow occasionally.

Quick Reply: Chronographs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.