Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

RCBS UNIFLOW POWDER HOPPER

Old 09-22-2006, 10:30 PM

Default RCBS UNIFLOW POWDER HOPPER

Does anyone know where I can find the new style hopper for the uniflow powder measure?
I have 3 of them and they all have the small hopper, as does my fathers that he has for about 30 years. I would like to put the powder baffel in them and it is too large for my hoppers. From what I see in the stores now they have made a change to the hoppers, and they are larger I.D. than what mine are. (actualy the new ones look like they will just about slide over mine)

Next question is, Has anyone changed the hopper to the new style? and will they fit right on the old uniflow measure? (the base or metalic portion looks the same to me, but I dont know anyone who has one of the newer uniflows to compair it to) My hoppers are all the straight glass/plastic tubes not the steped tubes.

Thanks Shane
Old 09-23-2006, 08:50 PM

Default RE: RCBS UNIFLOW POWDER HOPPER

Almost a day later and no body has any info on this, Dont look good for me.
I didnt really want to spend the money for the new uniflow when mine works as it is, just trying to make it a little more accurate.
Shane

Old 09-24-2006, 06:26 AM

I did a search on RCBS which was owned by Blount Industries. Blount was taken over by Lehman Brothers, which apparently sold CCI, Speer and RCBS to someone else. RCBS website does not repond. If I recall correctly, RCBS products were available under the BLOUNT website but are no more. You may be able to find what you are looking for by contacting one of the suppliers of RCBS products. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2006, 06:43 AM

I found a bit more for you. This is the company info for RCBS. Still can't get the web sites to function. But here is a phone number for you to call and an address for mail:

Oroville, California
Civil Ammunition Division — RCBS
RCBS
605 Oro Dam Boulevard
Oroville, CA 95965
Phone: 1-800-533-5000
Old 09-24-2006, 08:03 AM

They must have been working on the RCBS site as it is now up!

Do a search on RCBS, powder handling
Old 09-24-2006, 09:01 AM

Cnile, Thanks for the info, I will try to get in touch with them Monday morning.

Thanks again Shane
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 AM

cnile, Thank you again for the info for RCBS, they were real helpful when making the call. In fact they are going to send me a new style hopper/tube to make sure it will work for me. However she did mention that they would need to turn it down at the base to fit it in my uniflow's. Once I get it and find that it will work I can purchase the hopper/tube for $3.95 ech.

Thanks again for the help
Shane