Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Lubing Inside Case Necks?

Old 07-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lubing Inside Case Necks?

I bought a nylon brush last night. Can I just roll the nylon brush on the case lube pad and then down the case it goes?

Tom
Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 AM

Default RE: Lubing Inside Case Necks?

Yep, thats how it works. The brush should pick up enough lube rolling it on the pad to lube the inside neck.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 AM
bigcountry

Yea, you don't have to get to crazy with it. I roll mine about every 3 cases before sizing.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nylon brushes work well, but personally, I've been using Q-Tips for years for this. They work real well lightly lubed, and as bc said, I only lube up about every third one after I get started. They are great for wiping the lube out of the neck before charging the powder too. If you don't wipe out the neck, powder can and will stick to it. It's particularly nasty if using Ball powder. Just the way I do it..............
Old 07-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on the Q-Tip...
Old 07-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

My goodness - Are you guys still using case lube? The last few years I've been using Hornady's One Shot spay.
I put my cases in a spare loading block, spray a light coating on them at about a 45 degree angle, turn the block and spray the other side, wait a couple of minutes for it to dry and start sizing. It coats the entire case including the case mouth. And what I like is that it is not like the old case lube in that if you get any on the shoulder, it won't dimple the shoulder.
Once sized, I throw them in the tumbler to remove it. give it a try.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:07 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

My goodness - Are you guys still using case lube? The last few years I've been using Hornady's One Shot spay.
I put my cases in a spare loading block, spray a light coating on them at about a 45 degree angle, turn the block and spray the other side, wait a couple of minutes for it to dry and start sizing. It coats the entire case including the case mouth. And what I like is that it is not like the old case lube in that if you get any on the shoulder, it won't dimple the shoulder.
Once sized, I throw them in the tumbler to remove it. give it a try.
I have been too. Stuff is pretty awesome. But still lube the insides of the mouth with imperial.