Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

New found love for the perfect combintaion

Old 06-14-2006, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New found love for the perfect combintaion

well I was getting bored and wanted a new caliber to reload, though I have never really saw the point in reloading 9mm since factory ammo is so cheap. I bought a 9mm die set and loaded up a bunch of 9mm using 147 grain plated round nose bullets. I used alliant unique just because I have alot of it but dont usually use it because its soooo dirty. but unique and 9mm is a match made in heaven, it burns clean in 9mm loads. 9mm and unique is a perfect combination from what I experienced just wanted to share this with you guys. just curious what other calibers some of you have used unique in where it burned clean.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New found love for the perfect combintaion

I use it for reduced 44 Mag loads and mild 45-70 loads. I am getting ready to load some 9MM as well. I have Unique and Accurate NO. 2. 10.2 GR of Unique with the 200 Grain Nosler JHP shoots about 1000-1050 FPS in my Ultralite Taurus 44 Mag. This makes a good defense load and practice load.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:14 AM

You should tri W-231 in the 9mm.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigBob .30-06

You should tri W-231 in the 9mm.
I dont really care much for winchester powders they are a bit on the expensive side. why pay 20 bucks for a pound of w-231 when I can pay 15 bucks for a pound of unique.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:48 PM
bigcountry

HDW, I posted about this a year or two ago. But was pleasently surprised to see unique burns quite nicely in 40SW 357Sig, and 9mm at max loads.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

HDW, I posted about this a year or two ago. But was pleasently surprised to see unique burns quite nicely in 40SW 357Sig, and 9mm at max loads.
awesome!!! funny how great minds think alike
Old 06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
bigcountry

HDW, hey, if you happen to have some on hand, try HS-6 or even HP-38. I think I have made up my mind when I run out of my 2lbs of unique to use it for all pistol calibers. Its sphereical, meters better than most, and clean in the 44 mag.I used it for44 mag,357mag, 38special, 9mm, 40SW,357sig,45APC, and seems to work great.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

awesome!! yeah I think ive about had it with unique since the only caliber im using it in is 9mm. I tried in everything else I have 45 acp, 38 special, 357 mag, and 44 mag and didnt like it in any of them I never even bothered to try it in shotshells since green dot is working out great. I think next time im out ill grab a can of each the HS-6 and HP-38. I have been wanting to try HP-38 for some time anyway.