Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading questions

Old 06-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reloading questions

I deburr flashholes and square primer pockets. I try to buy at least 100 of the same lot# of brass but don't ever weigh them. I keep lot# together and never swap brass from one rifle to another. Only neck size. I use the stoney point seating dpth guage for each new lot of bullets and measure the first 5 and then only 1 in 5 rounds that I load. I reload for myself and others, mostly for hunting but I like to shoot as much as I can for practice, never competition.Most of my scoped rifles will shoot around 1moa....... better than I can w/out a bench. I don't worry about weighing loaded rounds b/c I look for loads that come closeto filling the cases....... doublecharge and it spills all over the place.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reloading questions

I always case lenght, clean the primer pocket and flash hole ,weight the bullets and each powder charge.I also check each round for col. I like hornaday brass and bullets.I do like lee dies they seem to work well for me