Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Barnes TSX triple shock.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Barnes TSX triple shock.

I don't use a brush either.So I guessits just me or my rifle but seems like it takes more passes with CR10 to come cleanvs. nosler.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

It sounds like you have a barrel that may not be quite as smooth as mine.My barrels are a pac-nor and a gaillard and are not as prone to fouling as factory barrels.I give them a dozen passes or so with a patch soaked with sweets and no traces of fouling remain.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Wow!
After hearing all of this, I'm going to try these in my 300 Win Mag on my Elk hunt this fall.
Just curious, can you buy factory loads with this amazing bullet?
Old 08-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just curious, can you buy factory loads with this amazing bullet?
Yes, Federal Premiumoffers aBarnes TSX bullet. I believe in the 300wm it is 180 gr.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:14 PM

How does the TSX perform in "standard" velocity calibers? Wouldn't mind trying them in my 7mm-08 but it seems like everyone is pushing them at "magnum" velocities. Would they expand enough at 7mm-08 velocities?

firstshot
------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Firstshot, I killed a big bull elk last year with my 7-08 140gr XLC. I did not recover the bullet, but it went thru both shoulders and dropped the bull where he stood. The exit hole was around 1.5" in diameter. Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:50 AM

Buckshot

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think they will expand enough on whitetails?

firstshot
-----------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 10-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Ive shot a couple ofwhitetails with them and to be honest they have way to much penetration for deer. One buck I shot (head on), the bullet went thru the onside shoulder passed all the way through the body cavity and then smashed the offside femur, ham and ended up just under the hide. Just a bit to much penetration fora deer load.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just returned home from my elk hunt.I took an mature elk using the 180gr tsx out of my 300ultramag.The shot was a little high and the bullet smashed through the spine and lodged under the hide.The bullet mushroomed perfectly to .800" and the retained weight was 160.4gr.The muzzle velocity was 3380fps and the range was 200 yards.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I have been sitting in the bushes reading this thread. My moose hunt got cancelled for reasons out of my control but I am now thinking I need to try these TSX bullets in my 7mm rem mag next year for moose. I was not overly impressed with Accubonds on my bull last fall. Which bullet would you use in the 7 mag for moose ?

Quick Reply: Barnes TSX triple shock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.