Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Barnes TSX triple shock.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:48 AM

Default RE: Barnes TSX triple shock.

There are many good bullets on themarket for hunting. Your bullet choice has to do with the cal. of gun you shoot and what your going after. Some of these big fast cal.now days that are on the market,shooting bullets so fast that they are in the next time zone iln ablink of an eye are,well lets say for those not in the know about hunting! One might as well use armor piercing bullets,for thats all they do,is zip in and zip out of the game and the bullet doesn,t have a chance to do what it was designed for. Don,t believe in all what you read about certain guns or bullets. what cal.do you shoot,and what are you hunting? then the people here can give you a better understanding in helping you in what you are looking for. vangunsmith.Talk to the hunters,not just the ones whom shoot paper.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Weight retention on these is 90%+ even in magnums. You pretty much cannot cause bullet failurewith these with an 06. I would use a lighter bullet because penetration is so good and the additional speed may help open the bullet cavity. According to barnes the TSX has a redesigned cavity to open at lower speeds than the X used to.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the TSX is better suited to high horsepower cartridges stuff leaving the muzzle at 3100+ in my opinion. For your standard cartridges ie 06 or 308 any standard jacketed bullet will work fine for most applications.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I load the TSX bullets for a few different calibers and few of them exceed 3100 fps and I have never had any trouble with a bullet not opening up on a game animal either deer or elk .I started loading them when they first came on the market ,It's one of the better bullets thatI have ever reloaded .
Old 07-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

After reading all this info, I’m looking forward in trying them for this years hunt.....
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 AM

When working up a load for my 300RUM, I was reluctant to try these. I've never had any good luck with Barnes bullets. Finally tried the triple X and they grouped better than anything I tried. Didn't have occasion to harvest anything with them yet, but they sure shoot a good group.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

First off let me say I have absolutely no game experience with a barnes bullet of any kind on my own! I however know many individuals who have and they all say the same thing drop a grain size, load her up and shoot! Penetration does not seem to be lacking with any barnes bullet from what I have seen or heard so I would personally choose the 165 TSX and take the velocity/trajectory gain afforded (provided it proved accurate of course in yourt rifle).

I have been playing with 140gr TSX out of my 7mm rem mag this spring and am very impressed with how they group thus far. If all goes well I plan to change my first statement with regards to game performance and the TSX on my elk/deer hunts this fall.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:26 PM

I couldn't get the Barnes X or XLC's to group in my 257mag..but the XLC's do fine in my 240mag...will definately give the Triple Shocks a try in the 257.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM

I simply love the terminal performance of the X bullets, to the point that I will give up some degree of accuracy to use them. I've seen 180gr out of a 300win mag go from one end of the other on an elk , hitting the femur, pelvice and three ribs and stay in one piece, it didnt loose a single pettal.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was so impressed after seeing the results of tsx's used on game last year,that I just finished making up some testloads for the 168gr tsx for my 300ultramags.As soon as the rain stops here,I will see just how they shoot out of my rifles.

Quick Reply: Barnes TSX triple shock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.