Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Metis Hunting "rights"

Old 03-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Metis Hunting "rights"

It has "hit the fan" here in Alberta. After the supreme cout ruling allowing some hunting rights to some Metis in some areas, the alberta gov't has gone overboard and set up an "interm agreement" with two Metis groups. There appears to be a LOT more given in this agreement than the supreme court intended. Alberta Fish & Game Association and a number of groups are fighting to have the agreement amended to something more sensable.

Watch what happens in Alberta and in your home province.

Robin
Old 03-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Metis Hunting "rights"

Good luck! The precedent is already on the books and most judges ( certainly the supreme court ones) are all liberal appointments so guess what. Youre screwed wether you want to admit it or not. Thank you Chretien you stealing, lieing crook!
Old 03-02-2005, 09:07 PM

Already happened here, your screwed!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

I think the two above do not understand my post. What is happening in Alberta is Alberta provincial gov't legislation put forth by our Conservative gov't. It gives "rights" to Metis people far beyond what was spelled out by the Supreme court of Canada.

Recently at the Provincial Conference of the Alberta Fish & Game Association this was the hottest topic of discussion. And is the focus of a huge effort by the club to have this "interm agreement" changed.

I am surprised that Alberta hunters have not commented here about it. It is one of the hottest subjects on the Alberta based outdoor boards I visit.

Robin