Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Say Goodbye to the Deer in N.W.Ont.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Say Goodbye to the Deer in N.W.Ont.

Way toooooo much snow and cold temperatures for the deer this winter up here in North Western Ontario.The winter toll will be very great. The young and the old will never make it. The deer are swimming in the snow in some of the area's already. This will help our moose populations though. That will be the end of the extra tags, because the deer will be in short supply next year.

Sorry to be the messenger of bad hunting news for those that head up our way.

mooseman48
Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 AM

Default RE: Say Goodbye to the Deer in N.W.Ont.

mooseman,
Sorry to hear the bad news Ive had the privilege to hunt up there the last 2 years and truly love the country (Man it's THICK up their) Got my buck of a lifetime on Holloween up there this year. Our deer herd in Michigans U.P (Marquette area) have yet to recover from 2 back to back bad winters in the late 90's Will the wolves take their share? Everone in Michigan is blaming the poor deer hunting nowadays on the growing wolf population Keep us posted
Old 01-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, It's gonna be a tough one for them here in Manitoba too. Snow is already knee deep inthe bush and more on the way. It's been really cold too.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:22 PM

Now your just not trying to discourage us non-residents from coming up there to hunt are you
Old 01-25-2005, 05:39 PM

I know this sounds real bad but over where I moose hunt the locals are getting pretty sick of the deer moving in (brain worm etc). Sure will help the moose if the deer are slowed down a little. Just like mother nature, one animal suffers, another benefits.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Spike

Hope it doesn't get to bad. I'm hoping to return again this year. Will probabally be my last trip for a while. I would like it to be successful once again. You folks sure have some beautiful country up there.