Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

GOOD LUCK! wish i could go this year. []
Old 11-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Spike

Hey Nord, Just love my 300RUM, 1/4" groups @100. Then again love my Muzzleloader, 1/2-3/4" @100. When are you going to be there? You staying at Kisk or Mirage?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Yes I agree with Liquid!! Good luck to all who can go this year..
I hope to be there next year, I have never gone but I now have the Bou Bug and I will go.Good luck and good shooting. Rodney

BTW I just love following this thread, I check in 3-5 times a day. Soon to be 200 pages, Unbeliveable!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:36 AM

I'm in northern ontario and my brother called me yesterday to tell me he saw a trailer full of bou in town. Drove all over to find em but no luck.

Any news on current snow and weather conditions? Current herd info? Are they still split up above the road and down into 22A?

Our crew is meeting today to finalize details for our trip to mirage Dec 4,5,6. Family thinks I'm nuts for walking around the house in snowgear w snowshoes to check my gear, but they love eating bou so they put up with it. Can't wait to leave. Gonna go hunt grouse tomorrow just to keep busy.

Cheers

Old 11-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

In this thread 2 or 3 pages back, me and a couple others posted a link to the Weather Channel, for the weather up there. Anyway all you have to do is go the the Weather Channel and type in Radisson or LaGrande. Didn't know until you made the post that you are in Northern Ontario. Where abouts?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:16 AM

We're in Sault Ste. Marie. The southeast point of Lake Superior where it meets Lake Huron.

I've been following the weather network but I was wondering if you could let me know how much snow is on the ground up there?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

There was about 20 inches on the ground. But the weather's been mild and we lost some. The map on the 27th or 28th will tell the story for you. If that small bunch North of Kisk stay put or go Southeast, you should be good to go. But there's stragglers pretty much all over that area.

Sault Ste. Marie ??? You're in Southern Ontario. . Sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

12 bou for 6 guys, above LA1

Old 11-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The road is covered with animals, but the nice ones are far and few between in the non-res area. We had 6 guys, 4 took 1 bull 1 cow, 2 took 2 cows. If we had held out we could have taken 2 bulls each, but we're not trophy hunters, we used the sleigh and never unloaded the snowmobile.
If you have never been and haven't left yet buy brand new bright orange and wear lots of it! There are too many idiots in too small an area! We had to sprint off a lake when gathering our animals and a herd crossed, some jackasses started shooting at the herd that was between us! This wasn't an isolated incident.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres another pic, this was in the res-only area

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.