Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Spike

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

The wife made her annual "caribou Chile" for the guys at work last night (17 quarts). It will be gone by noon. Its a good way to let everyonewhowants to tryit enjoy the great taste of caribou. (doesn't taste like chicken ) next week... jerky !!!! don't you just love this time of the year.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

I read your thread and said to myself, "Now there is a smart man". I'm also carrying a .308!! Between that and my Jennings Buckmaster bow, I'm hoping to kill one with each. I'm going to venture out with my bow, but carry the rifle on my pack just in case that huge trophy comes past me out of bow range. I'm really hoping weather cooperates and we hit things at the right time!! This is going to be a great trip!!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:56 AM

I was just looking at the satelite map, and it looks like a lot of the movement is to the north and west this past week. Not really toward what I think is the area where we hunt. Is that normal?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAQC0443.htm

There is a link to the weather here.

And yes the Caribou are going the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not good. But still 14 days to go cross your fingers.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

This is actually a good sign. They were too far south for Oct 26 and seeing them head back into the Lac Claire area is good for Nov 26 to Dec 5 hunting. The area from Lac Claire to Lac Bienville is where the head of the migration needs to hold until mid to 3rd week Nov. If they start moving into Laforge Res. after that we will all see some nice animals. This herd likes to winter just belowK400to about K200 of the Taiga Road as there are lots of ponds and food when conditions are normal. The weather forcast for La Grande this winter is"normal"which looks to be putting us on track for a good hunt.

The maps in the next couple weeks will show us.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

They were too far south for Oct 26 and seeing them head back into the Lac Claire area is good for Nov 26 to Dec 5 hunting.
Hey NQCB, I realize that you don't have a crystal ball, but does this mean things look bad for me Nov 22 - 24? I'm not worried about the giant trophy B&C bull, as long as there are enough stragglers that I can fill 2 tags.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:15 PM

BKMSTR,We arestaying at Camp Kisk from Nov 30 thru Dec 4th.
We are driving a black Dodge dragging a grey 7X12 tandem enclosed trailer. Stop by and say Hello. Hopefully the caribou are as plentiful as last year.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

NQB is right. The herd was a little too far south for this early. If the weather runs close to average there should be 3 to 4 weeks of pretty good hunting. In seven years of hunting the winter season I've seen the extreme on either end. Early, late and right in the middle. Too cold two years ago and too warm last year. I guess that's why they call it hunting.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Spike

Big or small : My gang and I would like to hook up with you guys.
( LOL long way to go to see a neighbor)we will be staying at the mirage but we hunt andrent our snowmobiles from Paul at Kisk. we will be in a black Harley Davidson f-350 would enjoy meeting and talking to you and your guys.Our truck will be parked by the garage tell one of the guys inside if you miss us and we will be sure to look you up.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:36 PM

Hey Spike, sounds good our group is always ready to share hunting stories. As I have mentioned in earlier posts we should arrive before
lunch on Dec. 30th. Depending on where you live in Dearborn we are probably fairly close as I live on the north end of Taylor right behind the Rite Aid at Van Born/Telegraph.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.