Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 04-27-2006, 07:40 PM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

My Deposit is in for Safari Nordic. I am going with 2 other friends during week of Sept 3~7th in 2007.

See you all up there!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

CI, in 1998 my brother-in law and I were ready to go to Newfoundland in October, but he died in May of 1998. I had bought a Ruger 7mm mag for the adventure and was excited about the Caribou hunt to come.
Just before X-Mas of last year I sold the rifle, scope and ammo.
Sorry about you BIL Reb. I hope someday you will get the chance to go there. It is true wilderness and really beautiful. I have hunted in quite a few places but non were like NL. This year I will be going to Colorado and then Ohio but hope to get back to NL in a year or two. So far I haven't tasted anything as good as bou.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

CI, in 1998 my brother-in law and I were ready to go to Newfoundland in October, but he died in May of 1998. I had bought a Ruger 7mm mag for the adventure and was excited about the Caribou hunt to come.
Just before X-Mas of last year I sold the rifle, scope and ammo.
Sorry about you BIL Reb. I hope someday you will get the chance to go there. It is true wilderness and really beautiful. I have hunted in quite a few places but non were like NL. This year I will be going to Colorado and then Ohio but hope to get back to NL in a year or two. So far I haven't tasted anything as good as bou.
Last time I went to CO was in 1992,1993 and1994.Have been to Canada 3 times, the last time was 1995.
Have hunted in Mexico,Venezuela, Argentina and Spain.
Always wanted to hunt New Zealand, but have not made it yet!
Old 05-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Cheer up. Only five months away.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

a picture from my 2002 trip. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/9ad713ff.jpg
Old 05-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea haw LR

I know how you feel about Donats, but thats where I'm going late Feb this year, wish me luck.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:42 PM

It looks like one of our group is not going to be able to make it up this year. If anyone is interested let me know. We are booked with Camp Kiskimaastakin for Nov. 30th thru Dec. 4th. We are driving from the Detroit/Taylor Mi. area.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see in the bowhunting forum there is a thread about 18 pages . it asks about your hunting rig. someone asked about the record amount of pages for a topic. they got a long way to go
Old 05-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

5 long months for me and my group. If it wasn't for NASCAR we would not make it. Counting the days....
Old 05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Guys, it snowed here yesterday. Don't rush it please!!! LOL. If you were up there now, they are all bunched up in two places that you can't get to except by air. I'm anxious to go also but I have to do my bear and moose hunting here first. I really don't want to see the snow back for a while.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.