Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Spike

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

We like to stay at the Mirage. Tel. 866.339.6202
E-Mail : [email protected]Call early for reservations....
Old 11-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to be the bearer of bad news folks but my buddy who lives in Quebec and is booked on his third year up there got a call yesterday from his outfitter saying he should delay his hunt by at least a week as the herds are late coming in this year. He also called the game wardens up there and they confirmed what his outfitter stated. You might want to call your outfitters before making the drive up.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:52 PM

Hey TerryM, my group is booked for nov. 26 -29 at donat. From what you have heard do you think the herds will be there then.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey TerryM, my group is booked for nov. 26 -29 at donat. From what you have heard do you think the herds will be there then
I can only pass on what the locals have said. But you still have a good week of migration working for you. I actually have a buddy who will be at the same outfitter as you at I think the same time. If you bump into a group of 8 guys from Ontario say hello to Bob Mitton for me, matter of fact call him "HOP SING" he won't know what to think. Its an inside joke, he got that handle years ago in moose camp when we made him do all the cooking. As for the caribou, I would guess you won't see huge herds but that doesn't mean you won't get yours. It should get better at the latter end of your stay.Good luck.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

One thing to think about also is the strongest bulls generally lead the migration so you may a god opportunity to score big.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:01 PM

Hey Spike00 I see your are from Dearborn. What is your opinion on the best route to take? About how long if everything goes well? I am going to be at Camp Kiskimaastakim Nov. 30th-Dec 3rd.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:38 AM
Spike

We allow 30 hours to get to theMirage....it usually takes between 28-30 hrsdepending on the weather.
We head out through Windsor by North Bay to Matagami. I would be glade to provide you with the exact driving directions if you would like them....
Last year was a hard hunt, the bou were not there.... they had already came through. hoping our timing is better this year....
Good luck on your hunt, be safe...
Old 11-21-2005, 03:53 PM

Hunted up there last year......

All of you need to give us updates upon your return. This is a great forum, and it is very good as you learn a lot.

Thanks,
Mullis56
Old 11-21-2005, 07:12 PM

Thanks Spike00 I am famaliar with the area between Toronto and New Liskeard. I just wondered what the usual total drive time is. What can I expect to lose while the customs folks check our guns? Good luck and safe travels to you also.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Spike

Customs has not been a problem in the past, we all ways have our paper work filled out and ever one has passports things usually go smoothly, twenty to thirty minutes tops....We go through customs at 2am so there is no waiting !!!
when our gang returns,I will be glade to give a full report and post a few pictures.( if I can figure out how to do that?).
I am curious how much diesel fuel will be this year that far North....and how much snow is on the ground, we rent snowmobiles when we get there....

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.