Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-08-2005, 12:50 PM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Run from Raddison to Asselin is 321 miles. Will be up there 11/15-18.
Went up in 2003 and did quite well. We have 7 guys and 3 trucks - I have a white/beige F250 King Ranch Crew Cab pulling a gray cargo trailer. Look us up, we're from Butler, PAjust North of Pittsburgh.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 PM

cjoutdoors, i will also be there 11/15-18 and i live alittle north of you in titusville,pa. Since you have been there what is the best route to get there. I am staying at the mirage.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:59 PM

I am driving up with Colorado Bob & another guy from here in Pittsburgh. I am really getting excited about this trip now as the time draws near!

Time for some last minute prep work & gear organizing. Anyone on the board that will be hunting during our dates (Nov 20th -23rd) We will be in a teal blue 1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4with gold colored lower quarter panels & PA plates. Hopefully we can all compare the racks of some bulls that we have taken LOL.

Good luck all!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Spike

CJ & JD Good luck..... Please give us a full report when you get back....
"photos we like photos" hope you guyshave a safe trip, good luckhunting.
we are leaving 11/26.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:13 PM

Hey guys, if there is anyone else in here the is going to be there nov 15-18 that is not staying at the mirage, can ya call your outfitter and see what they about what are chances are of getting a bou. I called the mirage today 11/9 and they are going to try to do a flight tommrrow to see if there are any bou on the hunting grounds. They said they got 22 inches of snow yesterday and if the weather is bad they won't be able to do that flight. Was looking to see if anyone else had a report before i make that long drive. I don't want to drive up there if there is no chance of getting anything. Thanks guys
Old 11-09-2005, 01:16 PM

Anyone going Caribou hunting Nov 15-18 does not look good at all. No bou in area.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:25 PM

Cold Zero

Are you a local from the area in Quebec? A Guide?If no Caribou in the area..........where do you say they Are? Just curious. I will be hunting up there starting the 20th & am willing to work at getting a bou if I have to. No matter what we will have a good time.

I think if you are willing to drive a bit you'd be able to find them. From the latest GPS survey they are just getting the hunting area up North.

So again, good luck to all you guys heading out this year. If you have internet access while there try to post some reports back here if possible. We will be leaving Pittsburgh Friday night the 18th, so we'll be checking on line before then. And we'llbe sure to post results & pics when we get back
Old 11-09-2005, 09:41 PM

Hi this is for anyone who has stayed at Donat Aslins would you know if they have outside plugs to plug in block heaters on diesel trucks also do the have a shed or anything to hang and quarter your kill thanks Camper Len
Old 11-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Spike

I was at Donats 2 years ago they have a make shift butcher shop not real clean or real fast but only they can cut in there. If you want to do your own you do it in the parking lot. As far as for plug ins I do not know??
Old 11-11-2005, 10:27 AM

Well guys, was all loaded and ready to leave today but it looks like my chances of gettting a bou were zero. I called the mirage and they agreed with me that it would probably be a waist of time. The folks at the mirage were kind enough to squeeze me in for the 11/23-26 hunt. I am feeling really lucky because the think there is a good chance thatwill be the startof the bou arriving.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.