Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-30-2004, 04:07 AM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

spkie00, I made a mistake, I arrive on tuesday. I leave for the taga on Sunday. You will know my truck, I'm hauling a tracked MaxIV on my trailer. Has anyone else had trouble with the Law up there, as far as parking on the side of the road ect...I've been up there 3 other times, never had trouble.......
Old 11-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Spike

Wamo, sorry we won't get to meet, I have been checked for both gun and hunting permit .
I know last year they had a big push on about riding snowmobles on the shoulder of the road... that was a no, no...
we have been checked every time we have been up their, the police / consevation offices have been very polite to us, never has anyone in our party received a ticket...
Old 11-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wamo

spkie00, I made a mistake, I arrive on tuesday. I leave for the taga on Sunday. You will know my truck, I'm hauling a tracked MaxIV on my trailer. Has anyone else had trouble with the Law up there, as far as parking on the side of the road ect...I've been up there 3 other times, never had trouble.......
Like someone else said, THEY ARE WEARING THE ROADS OUT UP THERE THIS YEAR WRITING TICKETS FOR PARKING ON THE ROAD. If your vehicle isnt COMPLETELY off the road, expect a ticket. If you are close to the vehicle they have been just asking you to move it. If you are in the bush, expect a ticket to be waiting for you upon your return. We were asked to move 3 different times but received no ticket.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TerryM

TN_Hunter,
Yes we did. Sent you a PM.
Reply sent Terry. I think your Grizzly experience will make sense when you read my reply.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:42 AM

Howdy boys! I've been keeping up on your ongoing bou info. run for about 3 weeks now, and i must say, i'm sold on next year!!! I checked out the Mirage web site and found that they have a bus service winter hunt avail.......anyone have any info. or comments on this option?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Spike

Hi sika, I don't know of anyone using that service...
Old 12-01-2004, 11:43 AM

I checked out the Mirage web site and found that they have a bus service winter hunt avail.......anyone have any info. or comments on this option?
Granted the drive up is a bitch! However, I couldn't imagine not having my own vehicle up there. We did lots of driving around to get our Bou.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:45 AM

Like someone else said, THEY ARE WEARING THE ROADS OUT UP THERE THIS YEAR WRITING TICKETS FOR PARKING ON THE ROAD. If your vehicle isnt COMPLETELY off the road, expect a ticket. If you are close to the vehicle they have been just asking you to move it. If you are in the bush, expect a ticket to be waiting for you upon your return. We were asked to move 3 different times but received no ticket.
The tickets are $120 too. Just be sure to park in the plowed pull-offs and you'll be fine. Save the $120 to butcher your meat
Old 12-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The good side to the bus trip is you can relax and sleep on the way up. The down side as already mentioned is you are then at the mercy of someone else for transportation while hunting and can't leave when "YOU" want to. The biggest factor up there is dates. Too early and you see nothing, and too late and the racks are off and its colder than a witch's..........! I have said it before, the best dates tend to be the last week of November and the first week of December give or take a few days based on temperature.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:33 PM

I arrived back on nov 26 from Northern caribou adventures (Donat Asselin) The hunt was great ? lots of animals> 6 guys 9 bulls and 3 cows . the camp was good and they put in hot showers this year. From windsor it was 30 hrs. 2-3 feet of snow .

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.