Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Spike

Default bou

Originally Posted by jlucky
Thanks! You guys have been a lot of help lots of usefull info. I am rethinking my stay at 381 and might stay at Matagami. I hear there is a storm moving across hopefully it will get them moving towards Mirage. how far is that area where the boos are at from Mirage? Is it somewhere I could drive to?
HI ALL, you would be better to stay at matagami but still make sure to lock everything up, hotel matagami is nice cost more but worth it, there is a cheaper one but well!! we stayed there one night not good!! as for going to the bou BE PATIENT they will come, but if you can't wait it will be a LONG drive but worth it.
just remember be patient the big bulls come at the end i have hunted there 9 times with kiskimaastakin, also take your shotgun
lots of birds to hunt and fun, they are as dumb as a box of rocks. well you all have a great time and get some BIG boo's lets us know how you do. SO LETS GO BOU HUNTING !!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by huntcaribou
HI ALL, you would be better to stay at matagami but still make sure to lock everything up, hotel matagami is nice cost more but worth it, there is a cheaper one but well!! we stayed there one night not good!! as for going to the bou BE PATIENT they will come, but if you can't wait it will be a LONG drive but worth it.
just remember be patient the big bulls come at the end i have hunted there 9 times with kiskimaastakin, also take your shotgun
lots of birds to hunt and fun, they are as dumb as a box of rocks. well you all have a great time and get some BIG boo's lets us know how you do. SO LETS GO BOU HUNTING !!

well we are off tommorow morning again thanks for all the help. When I get back I will give you a good report on the hunt!
Moorebam4 will be in your home town tonight give me a call if you like
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Spike

Anybody look at the maps the last two or three days
Old 11-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Spike

have not seen the map but sounds like it's going to be good, if it like 07 look out you will get run over with bou, good luck to all when you all get back lets us know how you all do. SO LETS GO BOU HUNTING!!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Spike

I did this hunt 7 times back in the early 2000's. Have you guys ever considered staying in Radisson ?? It is only another hour up the blacktop after the 544 km turn off on to the dirt road to LG4. We used to drive strait thru to Radisson & stay overnight. Leave early in the morning and arrive at Mirage by noon. We tried driving to Caribou camp directly from Metagami (+13 hours) and that means you are sleepy & driving the ice covered dirt road late at night with crazy Quebec Power truck drivers going 65 mph. Too dangerous for us. Just a suggestion. Radisson is nice with a good Hotel and a few restaurants & bars.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Boomer691
I did this hunt 7 times back in the early 2000's. Have you guys ever considered staying in Radisson ?? It is only another hour up the blacktop after the 544 km turn off on to the dirt road to LG4. We used to drive strait thru to Radisson & stay overnight. Leave early in the morning and arrive at Mirage by noon. We tried driving to Caribou camp directly from Metagami (+13 hours) and that means you are sleepy & driving the ice covered dirt road late at night with crazy Quebec Power truck drivers going 65 mph. Too dangerous for us. Just a suggestion. Radisson is nice with a good Hotel and a few restaurants & bars.
Thats how we do it, we're in NE Pa. we hit Amos the first night and Radisson the 2nd. this way you're hunting your first night in camp. 2 more weeks and we'll be headed up.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sanman68
Thats how we do it, we're in NE Pa. we hit Amos the first night and Radisson the 2nd. this way you're hunting your first night in camp. 2 more weeks and we'll be headed up.
Do u have a number for the hotel u stayed at in radisson.we are headed up a day early for weather break downs ect.driving from Montreal to mattagime the first day if mirage can get us in a day early to hunt is what were hoping for we will drive on threw from matag to mirage if not we will go to raddison
Old 11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by beardog 836
Do u have a number for the hotel u stayed at in radisson.we are headed up a day early for weather break downs ect.driving from Montreal to mattagime the first day if mirage can get us in a day early to hunt is what were hoping for we will drive on threw from matag to mirage if not we will go to raddison
Here's the place.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rl...84165911392454
Old 11-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sanman68
Thanks sandman I'm on it.tried to look up the migration maps but giving me an error of some type.dam I shouldn't have been looking at the chicks in the front row of French class now I need it.but me no speaky French
Old 11-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by beardog 836
Thanks sandman I'm on it.tried to look up the migration maps but giving me an error of some type.dam I shouldn't have been looking at the chicks in the front row of French class now I need it.but me no speaky French
Ahh but the chicks where much more interesting and we have Google translator now.

Though even translated it took me awhile to figure it out, had the same problem last year. This link will take you direct to the order page. http://geoboutique.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/e...esultats.faces

When are you headed up? This time in 2 weeks we should be pulling into Amos.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.