Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 05-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Understood - the outfitters are waiting for the final ruling (for Leaf) after the inventory is completed later June. All the outfitters - and there are many more than just the 3 we see now, many small and only run by a few - these guys will not allow the anterless proposal to go forward if the numbers are good. Mirage has been flying and they see good numbers and healthy movements indicating no need to change the rules.

I am hoping for the best - some years have been lean and we have taken baldies to fill the freezer.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nord QC Bouman
Understood - the outfitters are waiting for the final ruling (for Leaf) after the inventory is completed later June. All the outfitters - and there are many more than just the 3 we see now, many small and only run by a few - these guys will not allow the anterless proposal to go forward if the numbers are good. Mirage has been flying and they see good numbers and healthy movements indicating no need to change the rules.

I am hoping for the best - some years have been lean and we have taken baldies to fill the freezer.
I am ready
Old 07-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Spike

Wow its hot here in PA today 102 at Carlisle, I am so looking forward to the Caribou hunt this year.
Has any one heard any more about the caribou herd and what the new restrictions or rules might be, is it to be antlered animal only? and does that mean Bull and not cows with horns?
Old 07-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Spike

Default bou hunt

Originally Posted by Hunter Dave
Wow its hot here in PA today 102 at Carlisle, I am so looking forward to the Caribou hunt this year.
Has any one heard any more about the caribou herd and what the new restrictions or rules might be, is it to be antlered animal only? and does that mean Bull and not cows with horns?

Hunter dave yes its HOT here also 101% with a heat index of 115% can't wait for bou season it not so hot, well as for the bou hunt i heard that there were no restrictions this year?? just with
how many permits the outfitter will get this year, i will be talking to my outfitter in the next week or so if i hear anything diffrent
will let you all know, were ard you going bou hunting with!!and what time frame!! well, SO LETS GO BOU HUNTING!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Spike

Hunt Caribou,
our Group is going with the Nochimi Camp, we have an out post camp going Nov 18-22
Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Spike

Default bou

Originally Posted by Hunter Dave
Hunt Caribou,
our Group is going with the Nochimi Camp, we have an out post camp going Nov 18-22

HUNTER DAVE-good luck on your hunt! will be there nov 22-26 at camp kiskimaastakin, maybe i will see you at camp we stop there for gas, if they don't try to rip us off again, well talked to my outfitter today looks like we will get two tags this year but anterless bou are not legal, they think the herd looks good!! lets us know how things go on your hunt. SO LETS GO BOU HUNTING!!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Herd is strong and looks spread out along the top to the East LRV like 2007 - still early to see what they will do as the weather changes. I hope to get another view sometime in later Sept when they start to group before the kick-off for the south. Numbers are good from the inventory and the CANGEO guys think they are increasing slightly - shows good conservation planning to this point but I do not see any movement from Simard in lifting the time and antler restriction. Lodges are goingto loose some buisness but they are hoping to be fuller in the on times to span the gap.

So the restriction of 6" minimum antler on 1 side stands as well as the EOS @ 15 JAN. Hopefully this restriction will not bother us as we view thousands comming thru with massive racks like last year. Forcast is also for more normal weather so no more tee shirts on the ice....
Old 08-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Spike

Default bou

Originally Posted by Nord QC Bouman
Herd is strong and looks spread out along the top to the East LRV like 2007 - still early to see what they will do as the weather changes. I hope to get another view sometime in later Sept when they start to group before the kick-off for the south. Numbers are good from the inventory and the CANGEO guys think they are increasing slightly - shows good conservation planning to this point but I do not see any movement from Simard in lifting the time and antler restriction. Lodges are goingto loose some buisness but they are hoping to be fuller in the on times to span the gap.

So the restriction of 6" minimum antler on 1 side stands as well as the EOS @ 15 JAN. Hopefully this restriction will not bother us as we view thousands comming thru with massive racks like last year. Forcast is also for more normal weather so no more tee shirts on the ice....
bouman-thanks for the info please keep us potsed as we can not see were the bou are, (without paying)!! maybe we will see the bou like in 07" great year my group got 4 bou that made the books, LETS GO BOU HUNTING!!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Spike

Default Boo hunting

I talked to one of the owners of Kisk today and he mentioned the hunt is still on. The gov reduced the number of tags the outfitters can have and are leaving the decission for future years of hunts in the air. I usually go every other year but, with this info we are thinking of going again this year. Kisk mentioned they still have spots available and they are by far my favorite to hunt with up there. So if all of you boo hunters have a desire to go give them a call. I have hunted with others but Kisk treated me the best, and we did well last year. So with any luck and the wifes permission we will see you up there. http://www.kiskimaastakin.com
Old 09-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Spike

Has anyone heard how the Gov Surey turned out on the Caribou Herd, is it still in good health and is the herd sill in good size? has anyone got a chance to look at the map, what thje prediction for this year?
Our group just had one of our planning meetings for this years hunt only two moths to go can't wait.
Good luke hunting this year.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.