sorry didnt know about #7, will be taken care of
Paul Demees
[email protected]
is this enough info for you kagcamper or do I need to give out my soc. #
maybe also my Green Card # since i am a Canadian living in the States
Old 02-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kagcamper
This used to be a very informative forum before the scammers discovered it and started to use it for trying to sell "exclusive hunt packages" to unsuspecting sportsmen.If by chance you are non a con artist, why don't you post your name and address for people to contact at. Maybe you should go to the rules section and check out # 7 also.

Not a problem, i did not mean to do things wrong!
so if you would like to call me at home do so.
231-328-4246 my e-mail [email protected]

thank you mr.kagcamper
Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Spike

HI all just got off the phone with the outfitter from camp kiskimaastakin sounds like there will be bou hunting this year but not sure of all the rules!! yet so he will be calling me the first part of next week, when i know more will let you all know.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

You see that little yellow triangle next to the post click it and report the post. Help the mods find them.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Spike

Hey guys sorry to add to the bad news, but I think you guys should read this news release regarding chronic wasting disease from the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources. Basically you will not be able to transport your caribou whole through Ontario on you way back home. I attached the factsheet for you guys to read and it has a link to the MNR webpage for CWD. Also regarding the rumors of the caribou heard declining I will wait to see something in print. I'm not saying to that one should not call the outfitter before booking a hunt just to be sure, but this forum and other methods are the perfect way for an anti hunter to spread rumors that could have a negative impact on hunting opportunities and the hunting outfitters in Quebec.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodcons...rod_068528.pdf
Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by luv2hnt
Hey guys sorry to add to the bad news, but I think you guys should read this news release regarding chronic wasting disease from the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources. Basically you will not be able to transport your caribou whole through Ontario on you way back home. I attached the factsheet for you guys to read and it has a link to the MNR webpage for CWD. Also regarding the rumors of the caribou heard declining I will wait to see something in print. I'm not saying to that one should not call the outfitter before booking a hunt just to be sure, but this forum and other methods are the perfect way for an anti hunter to spread rumors that could have a negative impact on hunting opportunities and the hunting outfitters in Quebec.

Thanks for the heads up but this was already discussed here back on September 16 of last year. Post 2109 of this thread.

To add a little bit to this so everyone doesn't get nervous again, this ban has been in place in Ontario since 2005. All they did was add moose, elk and caribou to it. If you read the whole article it really doesn't mean much at all that will interrupt your bringing animals through Ontario, killed in another Province. I just came back from Alberta and BC with 7 animals that are all on that list. I not only went through BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba with these animals but Ontario where I live. As long as you follow the rules there's no problem. And one more thing, this ban has been enforced for years in a couple of the other Provinces west of here. All you've got to do is make sure your meat and horns are clean and sealed. Simple as that.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Spike

Default caribou

Originally Posted by luv2hnt

Yes this is old news you should read or talk to your outfitter before you go, but we were in quebec last yr bou hunting and had no trouble getting through ontario, just make sure you have the bou covered up or sealed in a box no blood can run on the ground, that was from the MNR in ontario, so go hunting and have fun, happy hunting in 2011 to all
Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 AM
Spike

HI ALL- just got off the phone with the outfitter from kiskimaastakin camp the unoffical word so far is that the bou season will start in dec 1st for a short time period as the bou permits were cut by 75% they said that they should know something by the end of the week or so, will let team leaders know then. for know thats all i know. just remember nothing set in stone yet! get back when i know more.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by huntcaribou
HI ALL- just got off the phone with the outfitter from kiskimaastakin camp the unoffical word so far is that the bou season will start in dec 1st for a short time period as the bou permits were cut by 75% they said that they should know something by the end of the week or so, will let team leaders know then. for know thats all i know. just remember nothing set in stone yet! get back when i know more.
talking to mirage they say it is only rumor and the season will go as planed.I dont know what to belive.so many rumors but no fact on paper.any body talk to the government. I hope its only rumor
Old 03-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Spike

http://www.mrn.gouv.qc.ca/english/pr...il.jsp?id=8864

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.