Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 01-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Spike

Default bou

Originally Posted by kagcamper
Guess there is no point in making a big deposit with anyone who say they have connections and can guarantee you a place for next year at Kisk if the caribou herd is disappearing. We were at Mirage in January last year, and they were not so busy that you could not have got a place anytime. This comes as a surprise to me as we listen to CBC every day and there has been no mention of a huge decline. I will try to get more info from my relatives in Quebec. I'm sure it must be big news there.
Don't give up still mite get to bou hunt this fall, if interest in kiskimaastakin i still can get you in if they have hunts!! will let all know when the outfitter calls me.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Spike

Don't give up still mite get to bou hunt this fall, if interest in kiskimaastakin i still can get you in if they have hunts!! will let all know when the outfitter calls me.

Don't worry, i haven't given up yet, although why I would want to book with someone in Michigan for a hunt in Northern Quebec doesn't make much sense.I would prefer to call toll free to any of the outfitters and book my hunt directly thus avoiding anyone who might be on here for nefarious reasons. With further checking, I see that the George River herd is currently estimated at 78,000 and there is talk of going back to a 1 caribou limit. The Leaf River herd, which most people hunt in Baie James is still healthy, with no talk of curtailing the hunt. They are still monitoring the situation and will decide in a couple of years what actions will be taken to ensure the herds stay at stable number.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Spike

I have heard the same for kisk I believe you can still book hunts but they do not want the deposits until they know for sure. If any one gets new information please pass it on I will be checking in Harrisburg.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Spike

Did anyone here anything new about this years hunt at the PA sports show?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by SLOKIE
Did anyone here anything new about this years hunt at the PA sports show?
no, what was said ! please let us know. thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 03:32 PM
pjd
Spike

just heard from Nouchimi that the goverment ok,ed this season to hunt bou, press release out soon. also if anyone would like to go from Nov. 18-22 or Nov. 26-20 i have the 440 or the 395 cabins on the lg4, prime dates and locations
thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 03:02 AM
Spike

pjd; Thanks on the up date sounds good but I,m waiting until the official relase before I make any final plans ( Hope the release comes soon ) Good Luck
Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Spike

Default Caribou hunting

I will have spots open for this year bou hunt if interested let me know, open times nov-22-26-2011 can get you in other dates also. at camp kiskimaastakin. it's a great time and if the bou are in you will see them first, no need to drive every day to hunt.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by pjd
just heard from Nouchimi that the goverment ok,ed this season to hunt bou, press release out soon. also if anyone would like to go from Nov. 18-22 or Nov. 26-20 i have the 440 or the 395 cabins on the lg4, prime dates and locations
thanks

7. No advertising or product marketing. No commercial ads allowed in any part of the HuntingNet Forums except the Classifieds section.. Hunting Net has a free classified ads section for personal advertisements. An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business. Any such posts will be removed.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by huntcaribou
I will have spots open for this year bou hunt if interested let me know, open times nov-22-26-2011 can get you in other dates also. at camp kiskimaastakin. it's a great time and if the bou are in you will see them first, no need to drive every day to hunt.
This used to be a very informative forum before the scammers discovered it and started to use it for trying to sell "exclusive hunt packages" to unsuspecting sportsmen.If by chance you are non a con artist, why don't you post your name and address for people to contact at. Maybe you should go to the rules section and check out # 7 also.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.