Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Spike

Default caribou horns and hide and meat

Originally Posted by tpquack
Everybody has the right to hunt all the same non resident territory. Does not matter what outfitter you stay with. Now what is the difference?? Same between a corvette and a chevette.!!! Mirage is very nice and great food and Donat is a dump and all you smell is the fuel oil furnaces you have in your bunk house!!! Stayed at both and would never go back to Donats.
hey have u guys ever flown ur hide horns from canada to the us and whats the cost on a average
Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Spike

Default winter hunt

well boys u got a lot of good info on here thanks for all the help.thanks westfordhunter u shed alot of light on the subject for me.i pulled the trigger on this hunt got my dates for mirage nov 26-30 th awsome.got snowmobiles 4x4 and chopper if needed. lets see how it turns out going to be expensive but i saved up to do it.i like the fact that u have to drive 22 hours and hunt in nasty ass weather.its the adventure boys thats what i like.and to get away from other trigger happy hunters farther in the woods the better lets just hope the bou show there selfs thanks boys
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM
pjd
Spike

Default winter hunt

i have some openings at the nouchimi cabins that i lease from them that are in the hunt zone nov. 18-22 or nov. 26-30, pm me if you are intrested
thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Spike

Hello PJD, How would I get a hold of you about info for the outpost camps. Thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 02:19 AM
pjd
Spike

Default bou

wird, sent you a pm and a email thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Spike

HI YOU ALL, just was reading all the boo! hunting story's, it's a very GREAT time i see that some of you have hunted with some of the other camp's and have some not so good things to say about them, can't say have only hunted with one camp! and that would be camp kiskimaaskin, it's been a great time every time!! if anyone would like to get in i have spots or can get you a spot. the best times are the first 3to4 weeks of the hunting season. opening i have are 11/22/ to11/26/11, I was there this past year
with my grandson and he got two big bou as my wife &friend and his son also filled are tags, lots of big bulls. if any of you would be interested please let me know. it's better to call me or email, thanks my #231-328-4246 or email [email protected]
hope to see you in bou country this fall happy hunting.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Spike

Default Caribou hunt

HI ALL YOU BOU HUNTERS, I just got off the phone with one of the owners of camp kiskimaaskin and he said that the govemert put a freeze on all bou hunting as of now till they can find out what the tribes can come up with, guess the bou herd is on the decline and they need to see what the mdnr wants to do also.
will be talking to him next weekend to see if nonresident will be able to hunt this year. just wanted to let you all know what i know. if any one knows of any thing diffrent let us know.
see yaaaaaaa
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM
pjd
Spike

Default bou

Talked with the people at Mirage and Nouchimi, lots of rumors going around about the caribou herd. As most of you know there are 2 herds Leaf River and the George River herd. The government is mainly concerned about the George River that mainly migrates from Quebec towards Labrador , numbers are way down, they were to have a meeting on 1-17-11 and that was postponed till a later date, are the outfitters worried of course they are it’s their livelihood, have they heard that the government will close the season and or make it a 1 caribou harvest for the Leaf River herd, no they have not. Lots of interesting articles from major hunting magazines and what the Quebec Gov. has posted that say the same thing that these 2 outfitters had told me. Best thing to do is to call your outfitter and talk with them to see if they are saying the same thing that they told me. This will be interesting to see what happens when the government steps in and makes a final decision .
www.christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7547&view=getlastpost
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Spike

Guess there is no point in making a big deposit with anyone who say they have connections and can guarantee you a place for next year at Kisk if the caribou herd is disappearing. We were at Mirage in January last year, and they were not so busy that you could not have got a place anytime. This comes as a surprise to me as we listen to CBC every day and there has been no mention of a huge decline. I will try to get more info from my relatives in Quebec. I'm sure it must be big news there.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Qc. and I listen to CBC radio daily as well. I have not heard anything about the Caribou in the news. I hope it is only rumers that will go away!! Rodney.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.