Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Spike

Bob in PA,

I dont know if Camp Kisk changed hands or not. Paul made it seem as if he has been there for a while, maybe he is a partner for Renee. I asked about the price and for this year it was $1400 plus tax (13 or 14%). Either way, it was about the same price as Donat. We paid $1600 at Donat.

We seen several wardens running around 22B and they had one truck pulled over. They were writing a ticket to those guys, I dont know what for though, I didnt stop and ask. They were hunting near us earlier in the day and their guide that was with them took them road hunting, we seen them driving along the road very slowly. We also saw the warden pull over a snowmobile just down from Donat when we were at camp. He was riding after dark with his gun out of the case. Other than those 2 instances, I didnt see any other wardens.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Spike

Slokie, I was hoping someone here knew more about the disease issues.
jgv, That is a real bad story to hear. 3 trips I've never been stopped but I have heard the cops are looking for any reason to write you up. In 04 I saw residents hop out of the truck and start shooting right in the road. The gun had to have already been loaded. Then later I witnessed another group of residents drive right up to a herd on a lake with a snowmobile and start shooting right from the sled. They pulled the bou up to one of the turnouts in the road to gut them and left the guts right there.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Spike

Does anyone know if a non-canadian can get some of the tax money back and how you go about doing it. I heard somewhere that you can.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Spike

You can no longer get tax money back. 2007 was the last year you could.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 PM
jgv
Spike

hey guys just got home from work and loged on. i am trying to figure this posting thing out never done it befor. so go easy. The bullets in the front seat were on the center console then ended up on the floor when i slamed on the brakes. total of 4 bullets. the truck slid on the snow past them remember they were driveing towards us. these guys jamed there truck in reverse so fast and cut us off so quick it was unreal.the hunter in the back seat had 1 bullet next to him on the seat. total shells 5. the gun in the front was a 30 06. the gun in the back was a 7mm. they took the guns out of the truck and the shells. we handed them nothing. the bullet they planted was in the o6. they placed the guns back in the truck were they found them and handed both guys there shells. 3 shells to the guy in front. we never asked about the 4th shell because we were trying to fiquer out what was going on. hey man we were scared. there is a language barrier there. all our guns were empty and all the bolts were open!!!!! i was the driver they never made me get out they looked in my gun a 06 to and all so in the front but next to the passanger. my shells were in my pocket. they never took my gun it stayed in the truck with me the whole time. while they were in there truck writeing the tickets. i posted this to warn every one what went on. i've been reading this forum all summer prepairing for this trip. there are plenty of post's with problems with game warrdens in these 200 + pages. you cant make this stuff up. please take warrning. i have one ticket in front of me waiting to get translated the one officers name looks like nicalus veilleux. best i can tell.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:17 PM
jgv
Spike

when we were pulled over many pepole went by we were close to killometer 30 on the la1 road, 2 guys went by twice on snowmobiles with guns hanging around there neck. they never gave them a look. we asked why we were getting tickets when the guns were not loaded the one said if we dont like it then come back up here to court!

Last edited by jgv; 12-02-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
jgv
Spike

hey cwcjr119 we saw that same thing on the same day after we got the tickets. we were on the trans road and a serv ice truck coming at us slid to a stop the guy got out and shot 3 times at the parmigans. also saw 2 cree shot 2 birds in the road. if you were up thier last week you saw guts and blood every where in the road.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:55 PM
jgv
Spike

hey bjess the bullets in the front ended up on the floor when i slamed on the brakes they rolled off the center console. the one in the back was on the seat next to him he only had one shell out. no clips at all. my shells were in my pocket. they never even asked me for them i was driving. they never removed my gun from the truck and i sat there with it the whole time. i didnt get any tickets but my 2 freinds did. i thought it was stupid that they left me alone like that. i dont know any cops that would leave a guy alone with a gun and turn there backs.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Spike

Thanks for all of the information, still up in the air about what to do, looks like next year though. I have been up there 3 other times and try to go every other year. the first was with Mirage nice hunt 8 years ago over new years. the guides at that time wanted us to follow them even after killing our boos, taking us arround in circles beating pathes down in the snow for the caribou to travel. did not take long to figure that out, my budy tipped him, not what I wanted to do. Met Paul who now is a part owner with Rene at Kiss there. Nice guy honest!!!.
2 years latter we went to Donat *******. never again. he was no help finding the boos that were not down yet, Paul at that time was still at Mirage pointed us twords Kiss, they helped us out to stay a couple more days to be in the front of the migration. 2 years ago went with Kiss, good food good people, good times, feel like you are being told the truth, that is worth something.
For all of you planning new hunts for caribou, try kiss, do not go to Donat, but mirage was ok also, just did not get same comfort felling that you get talking to Paul, Rene and Claude, the other outfitters in the area I have neither pros or cons for, calling it as I see it.
We have had no trouble with the police there, drove a lot of roads year 2. happy to help anyone, and thanks again, will let everone know the outcome either way.

Last edited by moorebam4; 12-03-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 AM
Spike

Hey guys just for your information,check each outfitters packages out, ours came with sleds and a guide, http://www.kiskimaastakin.com/,

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.