Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 10-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes that sounds good 2 me we'll keep in touch. Boy u must have good hunting to pass a couple 145's .Where u at? The taxadermis green scored mine at 143 & some,after deductions still almost 141,he was a perfect rack,third biggest rack I got yet.Are u guys bringing snowmobiles on your Caribou hunt? It sounds like quite the road going up there for pulling a trailor.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Spike

Im in ohio, we have enclosed trailers but dont want to take them????,we've got access to bunches of snowmobiles???, we proably wont take trailer or snowmobiles unless weather says we need to? Now we are going 17 to 19,so it will be warmer and a little less snow than late nov to early dec.? Things changing quick that time! What's your buddy say about bring snowmobiles & Trailers??
Old 10-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

He said hes never needed snowmobiles before,some of the guys we're meeting up there have some there bringing,so if it gets 2 where we need one he has access to one.He's bringing 2 pairs of snow-shoes.Everytime he went he got his 2 Caribou,so far anyway.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Spike

the boys that hooked me up with donat have killed like 198 out of possibale 200 bous and the boys that didnt kill there limit wanted to kill big bull so past on smaller bulls last day? I cant wait to get up there except for drive, just need to kill booner here frist!!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure hope the Caribou r up there when we r. an old buddy lives near Daytona Hes not a hunter but I talked 2 a Taxedermis by him & couldnt believe all the huge local Bucks he was mounting.I tried 2 talk my buddy into going hunting with me down there,but 2 no avail yet.Anyway good luck on your bowhunting in Ohio.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Spike

Haven't been on this site since I last went up for a caribou hunt with Mirage in Nov. 2007. This November my crew of 8 and I will be hunting with Donat Asselin from the 26th to the 29th. Anyone else going to be there at the same time? Anyone hear any recent news about how the migration is progressing along. I read a few of the posts over the last 2 weeks and it seems normal so far. We didn't need snowmobiles to get caribou in 2007 and it is likely too early to use them anyhow cause there is only about 18" of snow from what I recall. I live in Northern Ontario and it was colder when I got back home after the hunt than it was when I was up there getting my caribou.

Last edited by luv2hnt; 10-14-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 10-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Spike

Me and seafoam and his father inlaw are going with donat 17 to 19 i think we will be frist ones in camp? They shut down sat collars for public to view so we all are in dark!This is our frist time so anything you think we might need to no, shoot me a pm or post! What ever you do lets post as much as possible so i dont explode... i'm ready to go now! Luv its too late now but did i book too early ? I wanted to be up there before big bulls lost antlers? You guys gun hunting or bow? (im bowhunting and wanted to no if the cold weather would affect bowhunting?) You guys evere done any bird hunting? Judo points? Glad u posted, thanks . jim ohio
Old 10-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Cool your jets and take heart. It's only a month away. There will be animals. The only question is when and how many. Hopefully the migration will be a gradual thing so that all can experience seeing large numbers of animals, witness piece of the migration and have a successful hunt. When they are there in large numbers they are fascinating to watch.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Spike

Hey Perrywinkle a couple of weeks from the beginning of the winter hunt to the end of November won't make too much of a big deal when it comes to antlers. Some of the prime bulls will keep their antlers longer and you have to be at the right place at the right time to get them. I noticed they tend to travel in smaller groups with other bulls. Bring a good pair of binos to spot the one you want to take in advance then you can get set up in a good ambush spot ahead of them. We had spotters and shooters keeping in communication with FRS radios. I was at Mirage from November 27th to Dec. 1st and there were still some bulls with antlers. Some guys from Michigan rented a chopper and of course found some nice bulls which would of eventually crossed the Trans Taiga road where everyone else was hunting adjacent to the road. I saved myself $600.00 per person for a chopper and got myself a couple of decent bulls. The guys that I hunted with before have been up there several times and only shot big bulls with no antlers because there is more meat on them.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Spike

Thanks luke, this being our frist time well have good time shooting average bulls, just want to have good time! Have you ever bird hunted, like to bust a couple if i can? Bowhunting should be interresting for sure! I take it we can use two radios to talk to each other ( Legal? right!) Thanks for shooting me back more info, the more i get the better i feel about things!!!!

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.