Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 10-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from fly in last night. Spent two extra days in the bush because the planes were grounded. We all tagged out with decent bulls but no record breakers. The animals are a little behind but not much different from normal. Just starting to gather into larger groups.
Attached Thumbnails  Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting-pict0004.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Spike

Congrats dave,Glad to see a new post,we're going on a winter hunt in nov hope they are not too late getting down? Any tips or anything eles you think we need to know drop me a post or p.m. me! Thanks jim
Old 10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Caribou is so good I'm going back up. Will be at Mirage Nov. 30. This will be 10 in a row for winter hunt. Not much I can add that isn't already in this forum. It now depends on the animals and Mother Nature. She's in charge.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Spike

hunch, who did you go with on the fly in? thanks, bob
Old 10-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

We went with Luco. This was my second time with them. They are smaller than other outfitters but do a good job.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Spike

Default nov 17-19

perrywinckle , did you say you were going nov 17-19 ? same as me . looks like i may be going by myself . want to ride together ? i live in north carolina . where do you live ?
if its only like maybe 200-300 miles out of my way i could swing by and pick you up . i have read that you hunt with a bow. are you an indian or native american? i could share some of the latest technology with you if its not against your religion or heritage or whatever if you would like but i am not trying to be pushy or nothing like that. just an idea ... plenty of room in my 81 toyota 4x4 . pm me if interested . ps i dont alow drinking or smoking none of that funny tobacco around me
Old 10-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm arriving up to Donat's on Nov 23,always wanted 2 go Caribou hunting,& its almost here.All the stories here sure are nice to read.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Spike

Jersy glad to have you on ! Have you talked to donat much? Ive emailed him couple of times not much to say but some boys that have been going up for years says he not much of a talker but says he's a good guy! I need to talk to someone here everyday or im going to burst, seafoam is my brother inlaw, he's going with me along with his father inlaw we hope (he broke his hip last week???) There's a bunch of good guys here that will help you out ! U live in new york? bowhunting or gun? going to shoot any birds?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Perrywinkle,I've never talked 2 him,my buddy set the hunt up,hes been at someother camp before,1st time at Donats.Breaking a hip sounds bad, hope he recovers quickly.I live in WI,I'm going with a rifle,We'll probably pass each other on the road.Hope the Caribou r there.I'm missing WI deer gun hunt 1st time in almost 30yrs,so I can Caribou hunt.I hit Bow season hard & got a nice 10 point buck,a few weeks back, so that helps.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Spike

I have passed on a couple of 145 class bucks looking for something little better .. I no what you are saying about missing deer season , i missing peak of our rut!! oh well hope we have some fun up there!? it gets little closer maybe we could exchange phone ## just in case weather probs. road concerns ,?? If i can help you with anything let me no?

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.