Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 12-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

The combined hunt doesn't start till Nov. 30. It includes a snowmobile for two days. The best thing is to call the office and check it out.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Gas @ Mirage was 1.25$ - pump read 1.41$, but the recipt and math was 1.25$ - don't know why

Costs are increasing and mainly with recostingthe hunt configurations that Luc had: (American Plan)

1st 2 legs to 21 NOV = 38% increase
2nd2 legs to 29 Nov = 23% increase
3rd 2 legs to 07 Dec = 8% Increase (combo increased another 10% on top of this)
4th 2 legs to 15 DEC = 21% increase (combo increased another 5% on top of this)

I see the optimal hunt is 26-29 NOV if you look at the average over the past 10 years - we take the 30 Nov - 03 DEC to keep out of dutch with wives for Turkey day.

New Management is OK - food was good andthe place is almost as clean as it was withthe Aubins.The rumor is for expansion to accomodate foreignsportsman - SNis world wide and have kind of a club med / timeshare thing going on. So brush up on your Japanese, etc as you will see these guys here.

Rots a Ruck in 2009 and I hope the weather is as good as it was this year - should of had Al Gore come up with me.....with some antler head gear...

Any one know what was goin on mid day on the 3rd? We left and saw fish and Province Cops at Mirage - at the dumpters we were again stopped by Province for Lic/Reg and they were looking for someone. Fish Cops were also comming up the bay road (3 trucks) leaving no CO's at Hotel 381.

We have been wondering what was going on. Getting ready for next year!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, it's time for you guys that hunted in December to tell us how you did. It looks like the animals moved back north a little. Talked to someone up there earlier this week and they ar seeing significant numbers above LG4 res. Within snowmobile range and in non resident zone.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Spike

Anyone have any more information or pictures on how you made out.

182 pages of caribou hunting northern Quebec and I still can't get enough.

I have a hunt booked with Mirage for Nov. 19th - 22nd, 2009and I can't wait.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Yes guys, We need some updates!! I check here everyday for more info or success stories, I am planning for 2010 if everything works out.And I cant wait! Later,Rodney.

I have never seen this forum thread so quiet!! Season only has a few weeks left!!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

OK so you guys aren't thinking much about hunting right now. Maybe you're ice fishing or just staying inside goofing off waiting for spring. It's time to load up the harley and head south, ride in the sunshine, drink beer and smoke cigars while watching the sun go down over the Gulf of Mexico.Be back inApril.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:49 PM

If they haven't typed back, they probably went to Camp Dumb Ass (Donat Asselin). That camp is run by pure idiots. We got all of our caribou in 2005. But what a bunch of knuckleheads. I heard the story, after we got there, that two hunters didn't show back up at their truck. It was -30 degrees. One group went back to the camp and Asselin told them to go get them in the morning, after all they were hunters and could stay out. The fellow huntersgot snowmobiles and found the guys that night instead of waiting to find the bodies. After several days with those nincompoops at Asselin, I have no trouble whatsoever of believing it.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Spike

I am booked with Mirage in 2009 and paid my deposit back in November, I see the prices for 2009 have jumped up considerably since I paid the deposit.
I called them to confirm the price I was quoted and NO PROBLEM, same price.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Yup - moving from the snowmachines to the Triumph soon - shot some rabbitts but am looking forward to a nice srping of riding along the coast, maduros and some cold ones in the heat. Need to be tan for the next Bou hunt.

Later hunts have been good - Dec 15-30 was fine hunting as some of the 200K stuck above Lg3 came down. They went right back up, though - strangle migration, like 2005, where they never cam into the winter zone completely and many stayed up Bieneville and above. Earth must be getting ready to shift the poles....or Winchester is comming out with a new bolt action...

Cheers Mates! See you in the taiga next snow - spots for Mirage set for 2009.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Spike

Yep the activity has slowed down on this thread a bit. I am booked at Mirage for Nov26-30. All paid up so it's a go. Just hoping the migration cooperates. It was tough hunting in 06 when we were last there. I picked up a 2002 ski-doo renegade with the longer track for the trails here in MI. Trying to decide if it would be worth taking up for the hunt.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.