Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 03-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Spike

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Thanks for the reply Darkside. That is what I needed to know. I wonder if anyone ever tried slipping through at night. If the roads were bare they could probably hear you coming when you pulled up to the booth.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

It is a gamble and they can turn you away at the border - good advice is to have some good snow and drive like you are on the nice hunting holiday that you are - good friends, game a plenty and just plain fun.

Studs can out you an hour ahead of the group heading up but I recommend staying together and you will get to Laforge with a good truck no matter mother nature.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Also - what is going on with the herd. They are hanging down like I have not seen since the maps have been out. The lodges say thay have not seen the move up top and this is the latest that they have seen (Mirage and Kisk) where the animals are wintering longer - the weather is not bad and they seems to be no reason they are holding - maybe lots of browse?

Adds a new twist to 2008 as the calves start comming in April which is what, 3 weeks out. I think we need to rename the herd...
Old 03-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Spike

for those concerned about studded tires, why not just put the studs on when you get to the ice road?
You can pick up those that just basically screw in, when your heading home just take them back out. (hint: screw them in the thick part of the tire )

That is if its legal
Old 03-22-2008, 03:25 PM

Looking for two spots for 2008 winter hunt at Mirage...dates we are looking for are any between Dec 5 onwards to Dec 12...also if anyone is going up during that time ...two of us are willing to contribute towards Gas and split costs to get there and come back...we are located in Toronto...also not big meat eaters...you get to keep the meat!...the experience itself is worth it....meeting up in montreal is also an option!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Spike

Any Michigan caribou hunters we have two openings this year for Nov 28th to DEC 1st 2008
staying at Mirage?

This is our tenth yearsend me am e-mail, we can talk about it.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:43 PM

hi everyone

well i just joined up ...as i had started reading this post and could not stop ...read everypage...
lots of good info....and the wife found it very helpful too.as she was looking for more info than just what I told her...(this will be our first caribou hunt) we both have lots of deer,bear,moose hunting stories but are looking for our bou story...LOL

anyways looking forward to chatting with all of you....
butcher..
Old 03-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Well welcome >> We all have stories to tell LOL.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:24 AM
pjd
Spike

i still have 2 spots avail. nov 18-22 outpost 516a thru nouchimi great success rate since 1997 bad year 2005 pm for more info thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Alright you guys, I know it's spring and time for boats, motorcycles and all that other stuff but the hunt isn't really that far away. In case you didn't notice the boo are finally headed north. This is the year of the hunt. July 1 is retirement day. After that, from about the middle of September till mid December it's going to be devoted mostly to hunting. Fly in with Luco the end of September and drive to Mirage the end of November with some white tail hunting in between. Wake up and feel the juices flow.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.