Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 08-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Wow eyes are getting sore from reading DS55 i think we got off on the wrong side of things but seems i cant get threw these services but im trying to get a hold of some locals that went but no one is replying here. So exactly when does the season open and end how far a drive from toronto Any info from any southern ontario hunters that went would be nice and any more info would be nice as well.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

The season opens November 15 through February 15 for the winter hunt. There are only 4 outfitters there and I'm including a link here that has all four listed and their web sites and phone numbers. There is a season in late August and September but that's way north and you have to fly in and mega bucks.

http://jamesbayroad.com/ttr/ttrguide.html
Old 08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Appears that the Herd for Laforge is keeping East this return trip to Eastman. This could be a good sign as in the last couple of migrations, and especially last year the herd stayed west along the bay and ended up crossing the road @ LG3 in mass, missing Laforge for the most part. The easterly trek could have the herd keeping to LA1 and LA2 making those of us hunting Kisk and Mirage faced with some good hunting.

Early to tell but based on the past couple years the return trip is looking good for Laforge for the Winter Hunt. Bad news is the weather pattern looks to be plenty of snow for Nov - Jan, so bring a good sled.

Who is going up this year and when?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Spike

hi, i'm new on this site. i have been reading for at least six months, but finally decided to register. my brother and i are going to Kisk Nov. 15th -Nov. 19th. glad to see you think the migration will be favorable this year. i have been watching the caribou maps with much interest.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

We're going up this year to Kisk... from Nov 22nd to 25th. I've also been watching the movements and comparing to other years. I'm hoping we see a good migration right past Kisk this year!!! I don't know if I can take waiting another year!!! :-) Lots of snow!! Sounds good, maybe it will slow them down a little. Last year they seemed in a real hurry to get below the road!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Spike

Nord, hope you and yourcrew are all well,Been sitting back reading the thread, we are going up Nov. 26-30 staying at the Mirage six guys two trucks. Sorry to read about you playing road tag with the bou...

Old 08-28-2007, 07:26 PM

My buddy and I are making the trip to the Mirage for the first time to hunt Dec 6th to 10th coming from Pennsylvania.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Spike

We use to hunt that week also, depending on the migration it can be as good as any.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Where in PA are you coming from?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Spike

Hi all, I've been away from this thread for awhile. 06 was a tough year, although we did tag out. I hope the migration is more favorable this year for all making the trip. I want to go again in 08 so if anyone has dates at the Mirage for the end of Nov. that they are not going to use, let me know.

Regards, CW

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.