Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

New Zealand Vs. Patagonia?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Spike

Default New Zealand Vs. Patagonia?

Hi there,

My fiance and I are looking into locations for our honeymoon. We would like to spend a week or so hunting, with a day or two of fishing, and then be able to spend time doing the actual honeymoon thing. I was just looking for some general information about the two places, maybe some input from folks who have been to either location. Would really like to get a stag, but also wouldn't turn down other opportunities.

I'm more interested in free range hunting. Does anyone have any experience with lodges or outfitters?

Basically if anyone has anything to say on either location, I'd be happy and grateful to hear it!

Thank You!

Jesse
Old 11-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesseIceBlue
Hi there,

My fiance and I are looking into locations for our honeymoon. We would like to spend a week or so hunting, with a day or two of fishing, and then be able to spend time doing the actual honeymoon thing. I was just looking for some general information about the two places, maybe some input from folks who have been to either location. Would really like to get a stag, but also wouldn't turn down other opportunities.

I'm more interested in free range hunting. Does anyone have any experience with lodges or outfitters?

Basically if anyone has anything to say on either location, I'd be happy and grateful to hear it!

Thank You!

Jesse
I have hunted NZ a couple years ago but my next hunt is argentina NZ is awesome but the people drive on the wrong side of the road lol Google outfitters reports .com and hopefully you can find a good company to help you enjoy your honey moon congrats BTW
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Last month my girlfriend and I booked a Red deer, Fallow deer, Tar, and Chamois hunt on New Zealand's south island. She doesn't hunt but will accompany me on the hunt, then we will spend an additional 2 weeks touring the island.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Leaving Alaska to hunt and fish in NZ or Patagonia ?

I can't imagine that.

Never been to Patagonia but been to NZ and if i won a hunting trip to NZ I'd ask what the second prize was.

There are some native waterfowl there that might be fun to hunt but everything else is introduced ferals. Not my cup of tea.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Spike

Come to Nz it is safe, no predators, snakes, spiders. the people are freindly as. the hunting is great. free range no problem. you can hunt, tahr, chamoi, red stag, fallow buck, goats, rams, pigs, elk, whitetail. congrats on getting married. my Turn In a couple of months "recommended outfitters" ME!