Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

4 weeks to deer tag draw

Old 07-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4 weeks to deer tag draw

It' s that time of year again to buy the license and get your name in for the draw.

Dan O.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 4 weeks to deer tag draw

You have to draw whitetail tags?
Old 07-07-2003, 10:21 AM

Yes Stubble there is a draw, but it is for anterless deer only.

Everyone can buy a buck tag (anything over 3" ) and then you enter a draw for anterless. Depending on where you hunt, the success rate for anterless varies from 10 - 100% chance of receiving one.

Some areas of Southern Ontario also have additional tags available as well.

This is for deer only. For moose, everyone draws a calf tag and you enter a draw for bulls/cows. The odds of getting one are based on the size of the group you enter into a pool. It' s almost impossible to get a tag all to yourself. The chances again range from 100% way north to almost 0% down near Sault Ste. Marie (the hub of the great lakes)
Old 07-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

We can buy over the counter whitetail tags that are either sex in most areas and can also buy extra antlerless whitetail tags in many areas.We can hunt bull moose only in some areas with over the counter tags and have to draw for most areas during the rut.Cow and calf tags are very limited and available only in a few areas for rifle hunting.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Just looking at last years regs. for Alberta, with the over the counter licences (6 permits 9 tags) and if one was successful in all the posible draws (3 permits 4 tags) one could possibly shoot 5 bucks and 8 does.

Some of these permits are for Bow only and with some of them you could shoot a doe instead of a buck. This includes white-tail and mule deer.

Earliest deer season start was Aug. 25 (bow)and latest season was Dec. 14(Camp Wainwright Deer special licence)

A guy can hardly find time to hunt Moose, Elk, Pronghorn, Bighorn, Black bear, Goat (limited draw permits) or waterfowl and upland birds. And too bad I have to miss out on all the great fall fishing.

Robin
Old 07-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

You sort of sound like you' re bragging a little Duffy. We go for the doe tags to increase our chances of getting a deer (buck or doe). If the beef boycott doesn' t end soon there are a few local farmers who' re thinking of letting hunters into their cow pastures this fall.

Dan O.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

In Sask. certain zones allow an over the counter whitetail antlerless tag. We have over the counter Archery Mule Deer, Moose (bulls or calf in rifle only-Archery either sex), Elk (bulls only rifle, archery either sex), 1- Whitetail Either-Sex for all zones and an additonal either-sex whitetail for forest zones. Draw is for Mule Deer (trophy), Antlerless Mule Deer, Elk, Moose and Antelope.

I just got the results this am, I have been drawn for Mule Deer Trophy and 2 Anterless Mulie' s. Went 0' for on draw moose and antelope...always next year

Good luck to all those in the draws, no matter where you live & hunt!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-15-2003, 08:36 PM

applied for 43b for the general doe tag(thats usually 100%) and hoping for a surplus tag in 92b.

Have soom new stomping grounds for archery down near Rondeau. Has only been hunted 5-6 times by 1 guy in the last few years with muzzleloader. Have a couple stand sites picked out on a couple real heavy rub lines from last year. I' ll be very happy with a doe with the PSE.

Manitoulin stands are done,, really am pumped up about 1 new stand site for this year. I think if I am able to sit and be patient for the first 2 days something good is going to happen from that stand. And since all the bums stayed home last week and I went and got 4 stands completely done in the pouring rain with a billion mosquitoes, I will be sitting there!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:01 AM

Wouldnt you know it,, I apply for my doe tag,, get my stands done,,, labor my whole vacation on the cabins.

Come home get a phone call couple days later, and I get the I hate to tell you this, but.... " we just got a huge offer on the property and we are going to accept it" . %&**&^%$#@#$%^&**&

what you gonna do?!!!

Quick Reply: 4 weeks to deer tag draw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.