Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Bad laws

Old 05-31-2003, 11:32 AM

Default Bad laws

I' m not writing here about the rules we don' t like, but the ones that make no sense.

An example I came accross in last year' s Ont. sumary was a prohibition against " casting rays of light" , you know spotlighting. But the way it was written would have knocked out laser range finders. I checked and was told it didn' t apply to those, but how confident can one feel.

Any other examples?
Old 05-31-2003, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bad laws

Ontario' s definition of " hunting" is so broad that virtually any activity you undertake hoping to see wild animals can be deemed hunting, and could lead to charges. " Seeking After" could mean that if you move to a better position to take a picture of a wild animal could put you on the hot seat if you don' t have a hunting licence and/or the season is closed.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bad laws

Other than migratory bird hunting you are alowed to carry more than one weapon. This is not restricted to still hunting, in otherwords you can carry two guns, loaded ready to shoot. Too me this is just an accident ready to happen. Another point is why restrict the number of shells in your magazine if your allowed to use more than one gun.

Another thing about Ontario hunting laws. I was told by one MNR office to check with local MNR officers as each area interputs the laws differently. This sounds silly to me.