Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Red wings took a dump

Old 04-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Red wings took a dump

Alas....my Red Wings took a dump. 4 games straight they played very lackluster. Joseph was ok but not great. The entire Wings roster seemed to be going 1/2 speed (except for Maltby Draper). For a team known for decent offensive firepower they picked a helluva time to go on a scoring strike! Hard to figure.
The Ducks goalie was phenomenal but it was much more than that. The sad fact is that the Ducks just played better and harder every game. I' m puzzled and disappointed but can' t complain. The Red Wings have spoiled me and the rest of Detroit for a good 10-12 years now. Good luck to the Ducks..... they' re gonna need it.
On a brighter note....now I can concentrate on getting drunk and watching Toronto and Philly kick the crap outa each other. ... pretty exhausting game last night (triple over-time).
Lotsa good hockey left to see. It' ll just be without the Wings this year (sniff).
Old 04-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Red wings took a dump

I have been a wings fan my entire life and I had to turn the channel and I couldn' t even watcch game 4. I' m bummed!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

8mm sad to hear about your Red Wings [&:] as I am a Maple Leaf fan . No, seriously I liked Joseph but was disapointed that he BOLTED from Toronto for what he said was a chance to win the cup.

Honestly your Red wings team is getting older, they no longer have the dominator or the best coach in hockey. Without those two factors, a hot goaltender like what the ducks have, could and would cause major problems to any team.

But has you said, you still can watch the black & blue series, Toronto & Philly . I have thought that it has been some of the best old time hockey that I have seen in a while. The hits have been awsome.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

GrumpyTom,
You said it. The Maple Leaf/Philly series is shaping up to be a burner. That hit that Roenick took gave ME a concussion. I was switching back and forth between the Wings/Ducks game 4 and the Toronto-Philly game..............it was like I was switching the VCR to Slo-motion every time I tuned in to the Wings.
BowHuntingFool, I feel your pain.........but Detroit will field a good team again next year. There WILL be some changes made..some big changes I think.
So who do you guys like if Toronto and Jersey have to slug it out?? That' ll be a series!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

The wings need a good netminder! Some of the goals Joseph let in I could of stopped. Yeah I agree there will be some BIG change in the off season! Gotta do it![:-] The wings are still the best team in the League!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t think I can say that the Wings are the best team in the league. They just lost in 4 straight to a team that is NOT the best team in the league. I still love the Red Wings.....but they will have to do a gut check on the many players that didn' t show up.....lotsa guys seemed to have left their testicles in the locker room.
there' s always next year.
I still will get my fix of playoff hockey though.....I' ll be watching tonight and every night until the finals............................then every other night!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

8mm/06: cheering for the leafs now?

Dan O.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan O.
I' ve been cheering for the Leafs since I was a little kid (went to my first game at the Detroit Olympia Staduim in 1957). I grew up watching nothing but origianl 6 teams on channel 9 out of Windsor (terrible black and white reception) long before helmets and goalie face-masks. I' m real sorry I never got to see a game at the old Leaf Gardens). Whenever there was a hockey game on I watched whoever was on. But I always held my alliegance to the Wings and/or Toronto (depending on how the Wings were doing). However, if both the Wings and the Leafs were out of it in the finals, I always had to pick to root for whoever I disliked the least at the time. Never really could root much for the old Rangers though.
I' ve been seeing the Leafs struggle back the past 4 seasons and they have a real shot this year, especially if they get through this series with Philly. I am most definitely rooting for Toronto over Philly.
When I was about 5 years old my dad bought a table-top hockey game in Windsor. This goes back so far that the men were actually stationary and only spun in a cirlce. You used a marble for a puck. The little metals players were from which 2 teams??????... The Leafs and the Canadians of course!!
Old 04-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can' t root for Colorado.....just because. Vancouver is looking pretty good but there is really nobody else in the West I can get behind right now. Dallas....Nah! st. Louis?? Never! I' ll bet St. Loius is dancing over Detroits exit, eh?

Yeah............It' s gotta be the Leafs now.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

BowHuntingFool Joseph is a good goaltender. He is one of the best in the league. I have watched him play for many years here in Toronto, what would get him in trouble is when he tried to do to much. I think he was trying to prove himself to the fans.

I honestly believe that Detroit' s problem this year was the coaching. He was a first year head coach and in no way can he be compare to Mr Bowman. They are starting to get a little long in the tooth as well, but a rookie coach with an old team has very seldom worked too well.

In the east, the team I fear the most for Toronto is the Devils. As long as the injuries do not eliminate Toronto, they should be able to handle the other teams. The flyer' s goaltender is a little weak, Ottawa has trouble with the physical play, the Devils can play any style very well and have who I think is the best goaltender in the league.

The last two games in Toronto were fabulous. Both went into overtime and were constant action. You can' t ask for more than that.

8mm I have not gone to many games in Toronto, but I was lucky to make the 93 playoffs in the old Gardens. The 7th game against the blues was electric. I have never experianced anything like that in emotion, before, during and after the game.

Quick Reply: Red wings took a dump

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.