Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Deer populations in Saskatchwan?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Spike

Default Deer populations in Saskatchwan?

The heavy losses are in zone 50 ( the fringe areas south of Candle lake.)[/align][/align]Thats where I'm hunting and been hunting for the last 3 years, I hope its not as bad as they're saying. I go visit my friends in candle lake and hunt for a week. I heard around the candle lake area that its not sobad, its just south on the forest fringe. Useally I dont bait, but this year i think I will be baiting around the candle lake reserve if its that bad on the fringe?
If anyone is from around there can you please give me an update on the deer population for the meath park are and paddockwood area.
Thanks
Elmer
Old 10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer populations in Saskatchwan?

In the farmland the hits aren't asbig but they are noticable from a only a few years ago. I recently spent sometime to the east hunting moose (63)and was amazed at the lack of deer sign in the forest itself. We weren't drawn in the area last year so I can't really compare to it but years previous it wasmore thenjust a bit noticable, even in the farmland (numbers/sign was much better then to the north). I have friends who hunt moose in 64 and they said deer in the bush are a rare sighting, however they say in the farmland it didn't appearas bad on the deer,like last fall down but not gone.

Good luck
Old 10-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Spike

Default RE: Deer populations in Saskatchwan?

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

In the farmland the hits aren't asbig but they are noticable from a only a few years ago. I recently spent sometime to the east hunting moose (63)and was amazed at the lack of deer sign in the forest itself. We weren't drawn in the area last year so I can't really compare to it but years previous it wasmore thenjust a bit noticable, even in the farmland (numbers/sign was much better then to the north). I have friends who hunt moose in 64 and they said deer in the bush are a rare sighting, however they say in the farmland it didn't appearas bad on the deer,like last fall down but not gone.

Good luck
Thank you skeeter 7mm for the update,
Elmer