Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Cabela’s Grand Opening in Winnipeg

Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabela’s Grand Opening in Winnipeg

But they didn't. I suppose that such a large successful company would have done their research before openning their first Canadian outlet. Winnipeg is central, plus Cabela's bought out SIR which was Canada's largest outdoors mail order. If they will be shipping both east and west from their Canadian outlet then being in central Canada would be a good business decision.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

WD just pulling your leg. Trailer filled me in on the Toronto is the center of Canada stuff already.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aok oldelkhunter....I think that it was a smart business move for Cabela's to take over SIR. Even Sportsman Warehouse tried to open an outlet in Winnipeg but they have never really taken off because they did not have stock in. Even something as simple as a cleaning brush for a .50 ML had to be ordered in. I mean come on guys...how can you be out of something like that. SIR always tried to have knowledgable sales people and except for some firearms, they had everything in stock. I reload 8 different cal. and I never had a difficulty finding any reloading components. If Cabela's can expand SIR's mail order base (just think of all the hunters in Canada that have been drooling over the Cabela's cataloques but never wanted to order due to the Canadian dollar and/or duty) and if they can now order through the Winnipeg store then what a business move by Cabela's. We're just lucky here for if the Winnipeg store doesn't have something then Grand Forks is not too far away.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went the first day it opened. Allot more selection than S.I.R had. Allot more bows except the accessories sucked nothing much there.. I didn't really get the change to really look much since the store was full packed.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

CABELAS is not comming to MIRABEL QUEBEC ...instead we shall get BASS PRO ...i live 10 kilometers from the construction site and there is still a lot of work to be done [ground breaking has begone] BASS PRO will be welcomed here .... but ..if most of they're stock is back order they will sink they're own ship ...
Old 06-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't really get the change to really look much since the store was full packed.
Yeah, from what I heard they were line up outside before the store opened. Glade I missed it...
Old 06-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailer

I didn't really get the change to really look much since the store was full packed.
Yeah, from what I heard they were line up outside before the store opened. Glade I missed it...
Line up went all the way around the store to pay. No thank you!! lol