Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

So how Much this time Canada??

Old 11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default So how Much this time Canada??

Well will be traveling through Canada to Alaska in a few day's and thought about shipping my 2 rifles up, but after checking into it, it will be easier just to drive them up.
So has the rate gone up, think last time it was $70 Canadian for up to 3 firearms. Any one know?
Thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 09:12 PM

Default RE: So how Much this time Canada??

Do a search for "Canada Border Service Agency" and look it up. Make sure you have them registerred on the U.S. side before you enter Canada,, or you may have problems returning into the U.S.A. with them.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampTHING
Do a search for "Canada Border Service Agency" and look it up.
Yah of course I did that when I downloaded the forms but mentioned no price.
Also googled and got several some say 25 others say 50 don't mention canadian or US, so thats why I thought I would ask
Old 11-06-2006, 02:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Montana Bob

Do a search for "Canada Border Service Agency" and look it up.
Yah of course I did that when I downloaded the forms but mentioned no price.
Also googled and got several some say 25 others say 50 don't mention canadian or US, so thats why I thought I would ask
"Canada Border Service Agency"

then on the left side column, click on "Travellers"

then scroll down 6 places too "Frequently Asked Questions"

Second Section "Firearms - I am a gun user visitting Canada"

Now scroll down 3/4 of the way too "FEES(in Canadian Funds)"
The very first bullet point tells you how much it is,, that cost will cover your 2 guns.

I would have told you exactly how much it would cost you right from the start..IF you didnt title this thread "So how Much this time Canada??"

So sorry its aninconvenience to you and your wallet to allow you into my country with a gun!

If I want to go to the USA with a gun..I get to go through FBI clearance first, that may take up too a year.. And IHAVE TOObuy a hunting licence before I even apply for entry, forEVERY STATEI plan on travelling through... not even knowing if Ill be allowed too bring a gun in or not!

Old 11-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Into QC is was 50$ for 3 guns for a 12 month permit. 2005 it was changed to 25$ but the permit is only good for 60 days.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

One other thing to mention - if you are not FFL listed on any S/N's you need to stop short on the US side and complete that paper work - if you get into CAN and you have a fire arm with any bad history they will keep your gun(s) and turn you back.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

"Canada Border Service Agency"

then on the left side column, click on "Travellers"

then scroll down 6 places too "Frequently Asked Questions"

Second Section "Firearms - I am a gun user visitting Canada"

Now scroll down 3/4 of the way too "FEES(in Canadian Funds)"
The very first bullet point tells you how much it is,, that cost will cover your 2 guns.

I would have told you exactly how much it would cost you right from the start..IF you didnt title this thread "So how Much this time Canada??"

So sorry its aninconvenience to you and your wallet to allow you into my country with a gun!

If I want to go to the USA with a gun..I get to go through FBI clearance first, that may take up too a year.. And IHAVE TOObuy a hunting licence before I even apply for entry, forEVERY STATEI plan on travelling through... not even knowing if Ill be allowed too bring a gun in or not!
Ok my bad, I jumped to quick and downloaded forms from a different site and had not visited the site you mentioned in your first post.
As far as the other stuff sorry to here the US has BS laws for Canadians. I didn't make them. I guess since we are 2 countries with common borders seems we could work out some type of systems for those just traveling thru without a fee.We have clowns for politicians as far as I am concerned and everytime I go to vote I am stuck with the choice of Broken leg or Broken arm.Don't want one or the other but they are my only 2 choices.
Thanks for your information as I did find the fee.
Oh and I will be stopping US side to get a free certificate of origination.