Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Do you get CHARGED for this.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 PM

Default Do you get CHARGED for this.

Hello all,

I live in Manitoba and was wondering if any of you have ever ordered anything from Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops. I'm looking to buy a Zeiss scope it's $589 us funds and approximately $950 cdn funds. Will Canadian Customs be charging me duty on the scope? If so how much do you think they will charge???????????

thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Default RE: Do you get CHARGED for this.

Your not getting this across the border! Order from Wholesale Sports they are Canadian.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:43 PM

[:@][:@]What a F@@@@@@ joke. So I emailed Cabelas and as Moosehunter said I can't get the scope. This isdue to "customs restrictions". The guy I talked to couldn't elaborate on what the "custom restrictions" were.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:52 PM

$950 cdn for an $589 USD scope????

send me a cheque for $900 cdn, and Ill go pick it up andovernight ittoo you!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

EBAY and some other retailers will but you have to call them(cabelas, basspro, gander mountain, etcwill not!!).Iknow many who buy state side and some who even don't pay any duty or taxes on new items.

Of course if you were willing to pay 950 canadian you can always just call up SIR and pay 870 instead for 3.5x10x44. Just happen to have both catalogueson my desk...! Though your conversion was way off 589= approx 670cdn.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Of course if you were willing to pay 950 canadian you can always just call up SIR and pay 870 instead for 3.5x10x44. Just happen to have both catalogueson my desk...! Though your conversion was way off 589= approx 670cdn.
o.k. o.k. Ill do it for $850! your choice cabelas or basspro,, I can be at either one in under an hour!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 AM

just order it from Wholesale sports or S.I.R they are both in canada much easier and it also supports a local company.
On another note. Caleba's is planning on opening a site in Quebec sometime in 2007 according to the website.....that will be nice but I will probably still use Wholesale sports........they treat me good.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you buy the scope from the states, you might have an issue if you have to get some warranty work done. You will not be able to get any warranty work done in Canada and will have to mail it back to the states...
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Some places will allow you to buy scopes since they don't know the rules but Cabelas & BPS play by the rules. Some guy's on E-bay get around it but most don't. It's brutal the price difference between here & the US but we always get screwed[:@]
Old 10-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JD IN ALBERTA

Some places will allow you to buy scopes since they don't know the rules
LOL..or choose to ignore them!!!

Fact is it can be done if you have the down lows too..you must also be willing to lose whatever you paid if the items is reversed for whatever reason at the border. Choice is yours. I never bought my zeiss at wholesale!!

Quick Reply: Do you get CHARGED for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.