Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Build an ark or elk hunt?

Old 09-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Build an ark or elk hunt?

I can picture him driving it now . Wearing the same plaid shirt he's had for 10 years, an old pair of work gloves and two blocks of wood strapped to his feet . I should really get a hold of that little bugger and find out what he's been up too.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:10 PM

don't forget the tight jeans and that he has a hair appointment once a week. Never have i seen the guy with hair that even came close to his ears.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, that's a haircut you could set your watch to . I should send you a picture I have from that summer.Imagine Kev in his workgloves, molsen hat, molsen shirt, a pair of knee length jean cutoffsand his rubber boots sweating his nuts off in a homemade sauna in the middle of the bush. Priceless.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:14 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

I think maybe next year i'll have to try with my bow, it sounds like fun. Me and my fiancee spend a fair bit of time up there in the summer, maybe thatll give me a chance to figure out what the elk are doing and maybe arrow one
Old 09-22-2006, 06:37 PM

JPF a bud of mine saw a buck 1 mile or so away from the land u were hunting maybe 3 days ago that was absolutely huge. He shot a 170 somethin last year so he knows what big deer look like. Did you see this buck at all in your travels? I am goin to get a bit more info from him and maybe chase that area around with the pointy sticks during thanksgiving. Oh and were u fortunate enough to hit the chelan bar?
Old 09-22-2006, 10:39 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

The crew we were supposed to be hunting with said they seen a monster whitetail but wouldnt let on where they seen it. Good luck on arrowing him. We seen tons of deer but no good bucks, not sure if they are just smart and hang back in the trees until dark or if there just werent any good ones were we were. We never did make an appearance at the chelan bar, we were supposed but we were always beat at the end of the day and shut'er down early so we could be up at 4am the next morning.