Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Last years work.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 AM

Default Last years work.

Hey folks. Been gone for a long time and never got to post my work of last years season so here are a few picks of the deer and elk.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Last years work.

Nice game Hia.

Hope this year treats you as well as last!

Old 09-21-2006, 11:15 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

what did your whitetail score, my last years deer looked similiar with that 'Y' on the back point, i'll post a pic later
Old 09-22-2006, 07:07 AM

I grossed him at 161 and change, i never worked out the net cause i think i would have cried. He was a cool lookin deer though becaue both g2's split evenly, first time i have seen both of them split. I have noticed that inmy area i am seeing quite a few deer now with a split g2 possibly some mule genes mixing in there becuase there is a small herd of mulies living close by. Just an idea.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:49 AM
JPF
Fork Horn

Here's my last buck with the split G2, I wonder about your muley theory, there is lots around where I shot this guy. Grossed him at 152 ish, and yah cried after deductions 137ish.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bucks guys! Great work
Old 09-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Most often in a white-tail/mule deer cross, it is a whitetail buck that breeds a mule deer doe. So the fawn grows up with mule deer. It does not know how to evade preditors very well because it has confused instincts. It runs when it should jump and jumps when it should run. So they usually do not survive. Then they are not furtile and unable to breed.
So a white-tail population can not have "a little mule deer" blood or genes in it.

Looking at a deers antlers is really not a good way to determine if it is a cross breed.

Robin down under
Old 09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good stuff Hia. I am sure I saw your split G2 buck but not the other one.

Split G's in the area, I'd be looking to the genes being distributed by the dominant bucks. Obviously your deer and his pa did their thing and now you have more split bucks running about. Do you need some help thinning these morfs from your herd?? LOL

I am sure I showedmy 05'deer, like you easily seem tofind out east -the wrapper! Well any way here is a pic,I didn't give him to many glanceswhen I saw the tine length, evenand them beems coming right tight to the nose, I saidself "finally one Dan never shot".........WHAP[8D].

Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 PM

skeeter. I love that deer and never forget what it looks like. I was on another site surfin around the other day and i saw a pic of that deer and i knew exactly who's it was, went to the main page sure enough jm. You got that burned into my memory now. As for the splitters ya it was pretty squirrely last year all around 1/2 section of land i probably saw 5 deer with splits. Both of the bucks i posted havem. There is one reallllly nice buck hangin' on that field again this year holding in a swampy bluff. I have seen him twice now, once skylined and another just after supper when i was goin to town.He was all shined up first week of elk season so you know he is a gooder.Nice wide rack, looks to be a 5 with awesome mass. Heck ifilmed one buckwhile i was elk hunting that was an absolute pig and hewas packin the rug yet, weird they seemed to stay in velvet longer this year. You say that spikers were packin in rifle yet, i have heard of that b4 but usually not that common at all. 2 get 2 with velvet is somethin. Dammit now i am all horned up over them deer again. Ah well abstinence makes the heart grow fonder, or so they say.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

. Hia, actually last year 1spike we took was in velvet as well. My guess is these3 were all 1 1/2 old(yearlings) vs 2 1/2 spikes that are longer(maybe some tines)and working over the trees. The other spike my partner took was polished, long and had small tines. He was larger in body size the other 2 from opening day as well. The spike I saw on sunday evening was also clean with just 2 long sticks pointing skyward. Never saw deer in moss and the bull moose were all shined up.

Sounds like you havesomething weird going on up that way, if you would like me andthe Zeissto come do some genetic analysis..drop me a line!

Quick Reply: Last years work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.