Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

African hunting Safaris

Old 08-09-2006, 08:26 PM

Default RE: African hunting Safaris

I just returned from living in Ghanzi, Botswana for three years. The wildlife laws have recently been changed and game farming is really growing. I can set up a trip that is about the same price a quality SA hunt. The difference is that you’re in middle of nowhere. One farm I hunted is 50 miles off the paved road and has 100,000 acres. This is a SCI wildebeest I shot there. There’s more at www.african-excursions.com

Old 08-10-2006, 07:01 AM

Congrats on that beautiful blue wildebeest. I looked at your website, beautiful animals, good luck.

-Travis-
Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice wildebeest. Have you ever heard of Steve Scott, he is an AVID african safari hunter and would be a good contact for you if you are looking for one. His website is http://www.stevescott.tv

Good luck!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan, some of my good friends hunted with Steve in SA. I met him while I was there as well. I worked with InAfrica Safaris for some time.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted in Namibia this past November! I was amazed on how remote this place is! We hunted on 60,000 acres of free range, truly amazing!

Kudu Bull

Red Hartebeest

1 of 2 Gemsbok

Old 08-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

im going back some day soon i hope. what i dont understand is why it hasnt caught on more with hunters.its amazing how much you get as compared to so a north american hunt. comparing a typical hunt for moose,caribou or big whitetails is around the same price. the difference is that for 4200$ i got to hunt 6 plains game with money refunded if the animals on my list werent harvested. KUDU,HARTEBEESTE,ZEBRA,STEEBOK,IMPALA, WARHOG, air fare was around 1100$ . taxidermy is way cheaper over there . my brothers list was for BLACK WILDEBEESTE,GEMSBOK,KUDU,BLESBOK,WARTHOG,ZEBRA. i will get some pictures going.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted Africa in August of 2003, and I have to agree with all the others that posted here, you are treated like a king for a reasonable price. Be careful of some of the additional fees, dip and pack, and shipping back to the US. These are all necessary fees to receive your trophys but not always described accurately. I took eight animals on my hunt, kudu, gemsbok, zebra, blue and black wildebeast, blesbok, impala, and springbok. Hunted with Bethaven Safaris out of the eastern cape of SA. Plan on returning with my children when they get older. Also beware of some local customs, like when they hand you the canteen after taking your first animal. It was a hot day so I take a big gulp assuming its water. Canteen was full of South African moonshine which does not quench your thirst going down nor coming up. Good luck on your adventure, get familiar with shooting sticks, shots up to 300 yards, and familiarize yourself with the anatomy of their game, different vital stucture on those animals.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Here's the black wildebeast

Old 08-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Gemsbok
Old 08-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Zebra

Quick Reply: African hunting Safaris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.