Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Bowhunt in Alberta

Old 05-03-2006, 11:42 PM

Default RE: Bowhunt in Alberta

Bowhunting in Alberta is phenomonal. I absolutely love it and am blessed to be able to hunt here day in and day out. There are some big elk and moose here no doubt. The elk in early September are just starting to get going... gathering up harems etc. I find the best thing is almost to cow call. Locate them and then get in and cow call.. because the bulls are still looking to get a herd of cows in their name. Towards the middle of Sept its more bugling and chuckling. Im sure you will do well.
If you get something email me pictures to post on my website. Im the Founder of Peak and Prairie Outdoors. It is all western canada hunting and fishing. G' Luck

www.peakandprairie.com

[email protected]

Old 05-09-2006, 05:05 PM

Thanks primetimeb for the info!...If I'm fortunate enough to bag one, I will cetainley send the pics.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:00 PM

Anytime Edooley... have you ever considered teaming up with someone out here and doing a Hunter Host?? If you can find someone willing, and knows where the bulls are.. it could save you some money depending on where your at etc...

If your interested I may be able to find someone who would take you out.

Brandon
Peak and Prairie Outdoors
www.peakandprairie.com
Old 05-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey primetimeb, how much differance is there between a Guide and a Host?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:44 PM

uhhmmm.. im not overly sure on exact pricing. But a hunter host is simple.. your host would pay for that, then you as the hunter need your non-resident tags. travel expenses. hotel accomadations ( unless he has a place to bunk, or hunting camp ) and a little appreciation to your host
For an elk hunt lets say, a guide will charge you between 3000-5 or even 6000$. Only difference is, the hunter host is taking you to his locations which can depend on the quality of animal. It is something to consider... I know I would if I were going out of province or country to hunt.
Hope that helps....
Old 05-10-2006, 11:41 PM

Hey dooley sounds like u should have a good hunt up here 346 really produces year after year for me i beleive the best morning i had last fall i showed my hunters 30 some moose b4 nine am on the second day of their hunt the elk shouldnt be too much trouble too get on if yur guide has bin doin his homework and if you dont expect a world class whitetail not that there not in this zone but just the fact that they will be providing a good challenge that time of year and u could be usin that time for elk so u should be able to fill 2 if not 3 of your tags each on a 10 day hunt so cheers to hunting on this peice of the planet!!!