Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

No deer pee in Manitoba...???

Old 10-13-2002, 08:24 PM
XTP

Default No deer pee in Manitoba...???

Just a couple hours ago a hunting buddy told me he heard that the DNR has banned the use of scents containing REAL deer urine(T-69 etc.),because of concerns over CWD.There have been cases is Alberta and Saskatchewan,but none in Manitoba as far as I know.Has anybody heard of this here or anywhere else???
Old 10-13-2002, 08:34 PM
XTP

Default RE: No deer pee in Manitoba...???

Never mind...I just went to their website...and guess what....

It is now ILLEGAL to possess any attractant which contains animal
urine,feces or anything else!!!Only synthetic lures would be allowed.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No deer pee in Manitoba...???

XTP, they just found another CWD in the Sask Landing Prov. Park (Swift Current,Sk.). It was a 2 year old Mulie Buck, taken this fall02 in that area by a hunter. They are considering the ban of scents and other methods that can cause large amounts of deer in areas. But not this fall at this point. This is the 4th documented wild case in Sask. But the first out of a core area near Lloydminster, Sask. They are asking for several key area's and any hunters with doe tags, to submit heads for testing from all areas. I tell you what this is scary stuff, it would seem it is possibly spreading, it is all along the western part of the province at this point...but who knows.

Hunters will need to keep their ears to the news and I would urge all hunters to sumbit head samples. They say the best are does, not fawns and the deer must have the head in tact.(head shot deer are useless) Personally I submitted both of the does I harvested this year for testing. I think this is something we need to take seriously and help out our DNR with the limited resources they have.