Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Manitoba Muzzleloader - Who's Going?

Old 10-26-2005, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Manitoba Muzzleloader - Who's Going?

ORIGINAL: Jono

Lets hope this weather gets colder soon.

Jonathan
Maybe powderburns would like to share with some of that snow. We sure could use it when it come time for deer hunting.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

First day of the season was kinda of a bust. Picked my partner up at 5:30AM, loaded up the vehicle and away we went all excited. Well, we got about 10 miles outside the city and as we were passing a car, my buddy blew the clutch on his rig.
Driving back to the city in only third gear we at least missed the morning rush hour(was interesting to say the least). We got back safe and had a nap until the sun came up then started to work on the vehicle. It took us about 8 hours to drop the tranny as we don`t have all the proper tools. Man, talk about juryrigging but at least it worked. All I have to do now is go back in the morning and help put the !^#~#@#!~ thing in!
So much for my first day of vacation!

Ron
Old 10-27-2005, 09:35 AM

Hunting off Julius Road area, Jono - got a nice fat doe Wednesday afternoon. Looking forward to some nice roasts, chops and sausage. Am shooting Hornady XTP MAG's in .240. First year ML and really enjoyed it.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Ground just barely covered at Blue Lakes yesterday. It's been pretty warm up here the past few days.Temp was +12 today here in the valley.
randyh--Are you hooked on muzzleloading now?I still havn't been out, hopefully this weekend.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:19 PM

powderburns - hooked? yeah I guess - I'm thinking I probably could use a second deer license!! Guy can take this hunting when he's hot freezing various parts of his body!
Old 10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,
It's good see a bunch of Toban's on here. Congrats on the 1st smokepole deer there Randy.
I'll head out tomorrow formy 1st time this year. I've got a 2nd deer tag and hope to fill it around home. Once the meat is in the freezer I can start looking for a hog. We head out for our annual week hunt around Ninette the week of Remebrance Day. Hopefully, we start to see some rut activity pick up by then. Already seeing some small scrapes aorund home.
I love muzzle season
Old 10-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys and have a safe hunt.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

I was at Wellman Lake today, snow is gone except a bit in the shady area's.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, that’s not what I wanted to here.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Harvested my first deer with a muzzleloader Friday night. A young 4x4 buck out of Agassiz PF. I'm not sure if it was my grunting, doe bleats or pure luck, but he came into my clearing about 15 minutes after sunset. Beautiful animal, who looks really tasty.
Jonathan
P.S. It's sort of bittersweet because I missed a similar sized buck this morning in my Archery only area.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Manitoba Muzzleloader - Who's Going?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.