Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Edmonton Bow Zone-Great?

Old 09-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Edmonton Bow Zone-Great?

I'll be hunting the Bow Zone 2nd week of Nov. this year. Could you guys tell me what you think about this area? What kind of success you may have had, bucks seen ect.? I'm so pumped for this hunt I can't put it in words!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Edmonton Bow Zone-Great?

Early In
1st of all ,have you ever hunted Alberta before? The Edmonton Bow Zone is world famous for it's big deer. I have seen many a deer come out of here that will top the 350lbs mark. The deer here are known to die of old age, also it's always tough to get on private property here. I've hunted this area for 12 years and can hunt 5 minutes from my house on the south side of the city. On the 3 ajoining properties thatsurround the property I hunt on their are 2 deer that I have actually seen that w ill go over the 200 mark easily and one of them could be the next world record as I guess him at 230 and a perfect 7x7.
Will you be on a guided hunt and who is the outfitter your booked with ?If you don't get a shot at a 150 plus buck while your here then he wasn't doing his job as a guide. I'll be guiding a fella the same week you'll be here from Nov 11th till the 20th. Email me at [email protected] if you need any more info. Also what part of town will you be hunting , I can help you out on any questions you might be interested in. The Alberta Fish & Wildlife have stated that1 in every 5th buck in Albertashould be a Pope N Young Candidate. I wouldhave to agree. Keep me posted via email and we can talk when you get to town.[8D]
Youngfart
Old 09-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Edmonton Bow Zone-Great?

yougnfart, thanks for the reply, I e-mailed you.