Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

TRUGLO Scopes

Old 01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Spike

Default TRUGLO Scopes

i just got a Truglo 3.5-10x44 bdc ir muzzleloader scope and was planning on putting it on a mossberg 500 w\cant\slug\barrel but wasnt sure it the scope would up and didnt want to waist slugs with it if there junkscopes!!
Can i get some feedback on TRUGLO gun scopes?
Thanks!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TRUGLO Scopes

To be honest I've never heard much good about Truglo scopes. Heavy recoiling slug guns can really put the hurt on cheapo scopes. However, give it a try...it may last awhile. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not familiar with the Truglo brand, but they probably belong in the lower end quality section. You might luck out and get a good one, but you might have one that fails after you get it sighted in and have the buck of a lifetime at 100 yards and can't see him thru the scope.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 AM

Probably about like a middle of the line Bushnell. I looked at some this past week, they didn't seem that bad. All I know is if they are modeled after a cheap scope they are asking way too much money for them. The ones I looked at were not that cheap. I mean they are no 3200 or Nikon monarch but I but it should work alright.

How much did you pay for it? I looked it up on the internet and that model looks like it costs more than $200. It is also huge, and because of the design it doesn't look like it offers much leeway in the mounting department.

To be perfectly honest in my opinion if you can take it back I think you can get a better scope for that kind of money. I wouldn't get one with as much power either. I would look for something around 2-7 power or along those lines.

I have never owned a truglo scope, but I don't know that I would say that scope is junk, I just think you could do better for the same amount of money. Stay away from all the cool features and bells and whistles like the BDC and illuminated reticle and just get a simple well proven scope. For 200 bucks you can get a really nice 2-7x32 shotgun scope. It will also be more compact and weight less than that thing.

Good luck. If you keep it let us know what you think of it.

Paul

Old 01-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Spike

i payed 79.00 delivered for it on ebay. but before i bid, i looked them up and seen they normally cost 2-3 times what i payed. i did mount it on the gun and it fits fine but it does look huge on there. was hoping the bdc matched up so i could make them 100+yard shots more accurately with out the guesswork.
i did get cought up in the auction and bid $20 more than i planned on but 80bucks delivered aint so bad, and if it is a good scope i guess i did ok! but the price of sabots aint cheap and i can get a nikon for the price of 8-10 boxes of sabots. i can go thou those boxes in notime and still have a junk unzeroed scope the wont hold true.
so i guess i was hopping someone here has tryed them and had good reports b-4 i start spitting sabots/dallors it to the wind!