Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Pentax gameseeker

Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Spike

Default Pentax gameseeker

Anyone have any experience with using a Pentax Gameseeker scope. I'm thinking about purchasing one for my .45 muzzleloader. I think the holdover graduations could be beneficial for a muzzleloader. They don't stock them at the local gun store, so I will be buying it mail order and wanted to get some input before doing so. They seem like a great deal for a fully-multi coated, 3-9x40 scope for $99.

-E-
Old 12-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pentax gameseeker

i shoot with a Pentax Lightseeker and love them. imo the Light Seekers put the Leupold VXiii to shame. even the Game Seeker models seem clearer than the Leupold line (VXi-VXiii). i dunno how well it will do on a muzzle loader though, due to harsher recoil and the balistic plex lines are made for reference only on centerfires...not muzzle loaders.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I picked up a Pentax on ebay this year, and so far, it seems to be a great scope.
I started off getting a Gameseeker fromFox Optics (IIRC), and theyhintedthatthe Pentax Pioneer would be a better muzzleloaderscope. It's actually a Burris Fullfield II.

If you're want to stayaround $100-150,I'd suggesta Nikon Prostaff with BDC reticle.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Gameseeker is a fine scope and a great value. That and the Nikon Prostaff are extremely underrated scopes. www.camerlandny.com if you plan on buying one ask for Doug
Old 12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pentax has my repeat business
Old 12-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Spike

I'm inclided to think that Pentax is still one of those companies that won't put thier name on a product unless it'll do them proud. I've had a Pentax scope on my Super Redhawk now for over 10 years and it's been holding zero. I've also been considering the Nikon Prostaff and the Burris fullfield ll. For the money, it seems the Pentax is still the best deal, but the other two choices are in the ballpark also.