Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Sightron scope clarity question?

Old 10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sightron scope clarity question?

My buddy purchased 2 sightron scopes for 2 ML's and while at the range we noticed that the clarity is not upto par. Is this typical for these scopes? We were looking at a 3" stick'em (orange with a black diamond in the middle) we could not see the black diamond at 9X at 50 yards and could forget about it at 100....... We tried to adjust the optical bell to make it clearer, but had no luck!

Can anyone help? Is this typical with Sightron scopes? We looked through Burris FF II's and Leupold VX II's and it wasn't even close to their clarity and he paid $130per scope. Just looking to hear from people who have Sightron scopes.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sightron scope clarity question?

I don't own one but have looked through several (SII and Big Sky). All that I saw were actually very clear... to the point where, for the $, I was quite impressed. I think the glass is from Japan so they ought to be decent. Contact Sightron and see what they say. Their CS is usually very well regarded.Good luck.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Do you know what model the Sightrons are. The beginning of this year I purchased a Sightron 'Big Sky' 3-12x 42mm and have been very happy with it. Has alot of nice features on it including climate coating (similar to Bushnell's Rainguard). Like stated above, your friend should call the company. Customer Service is easy to get a hold of at Sightron.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard a lot of people like them though my nephew bought one and it would not adjust at all. It would drift all over the place and the glass was not very clear. He may of just got a bad one but we took it off and replaced it with a Zeiss Conquest. We thought it might be the mounts but we took it completely off and remounted it and it did the same thing. We have Zeiss scopes on 4 rifles now including a .450 Marlin and a .375 H&H and never have had a problem with them.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hard to understand how you got two of them and both of the scopes are defective. If you purchased them at a store I would go back to the store and look at some more of the same type scope and see if they are all bad. They may swap out for a different scope. Call the service department at Sightron.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Sightron S1 on my Omega that I bought used off of e-bay, it's clarity is pretty good.
The deciding factor in my buying it used was when I called Sightron to see what kind, if any warranty would be on the scope, they told me All of their scopes have a lifetime warranty regardless of how many people owned it before.
As long as the scope was not abused, it would be covered.
You can't beat that with a stick!

Give them a call