Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

NIKON PROSTAFF

Old 09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default NIKON PROSTAFF

does anyone have any opinions on this scope,I can get a really good deal on one right now,is a 3x9x50NIB is it a decent scope for $150.00
Old 09-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NIKON PROSTAFF

The Nikon Prostaff has very nice/clear glass. The only negative about it is that it does not have finger tip adjustments on the windage. It needs to be adjusted by a coin or screw driver.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks,is anyone else shooting a prostaff I would sure like to here some testimonies on this scope,if its crisp,clear,bright in low light,and how it is on fogging up thanks..........Ted
Old 09-14-2007, 08:11 AM

I have a prostaff 2x7 on my savage ML and it is a very good scope. Nothing fancy, but sturdy, clear and a lifetime warranty all for $130.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input,I think I'm gonna get the prostaff the price is right for me and I have a pair of nikon bino's and am very satisfied with them.........Ted
Old 09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own one but my bother in law does, he is very pleased. I am going to do scope upgrades next year. Found a way to get the money to do it. I think am going to go all Nikon, problem is I want a compact scope with 3.5" eyereif, I don't thank Nikon has one, I am going to look on there site and see.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

corey,you know everyone that I talk to on here almost has different and mixed opinions on scopes,personally if hunting whitetails I would not shoot a compact scope and the reason for that is the light it draws,the bigger the objective lens which I would not go over 50mm,you take a 40mm and a 50mm in the same scope,and you will have 5 to 15 minutes of extra light where you can see with the 50mm go to gander mt. and check it out for your self,have them take you outside so your not looking through the window do this in the last 20 minutes of light you will be shocked,and I shot my largest whitetail the last 5 minutes of light,the first ten and the last ten minutes is when I want to be able to see clear the best,people will tell you a 50mm will be mounted to high on the gun mine worked just fine,I work for Hughes Builders Inc. and my bosses all have game rooms and there full of animals,and if you asked them what to shoot they all have 50mm on there hunting guns,there not just your average hunter they go all over the world and they proved to me what works best,thats why I will go with a 50mm for hunting,if I was gonna shoot at the range I could save some money and shoot a 40mm,and that's just my opinion nothing else..........Ted
Old 09-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am planning to use an sks as a back up, the shells fly up and to the right, so you eather have to have a compact scope or full size with a shell deflector. I like am going to the full size w/shell deflector, by the time I find a compact that would work it is going to cost as much as full size w/shell deflector and for replacing a full is easier then a compact.

sorry, I add what I was planning to and the compact comment, that is what happens when I thinking too much.[&:]
Old 09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck on your new scope set up..........Ted
Old 09-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

changed my mind on the prostaff,I purchased a zeiss conqeust 3.5x10x50 can't wait to get here on the gun..........Ted

Quick Reply: NIKON PROSTAFF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.