Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Simmons Scopes

Old 07-28-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Simmons Scopes

Here on this coulumn I see every one saying these scopes are junk. I see on Chuckhawks.com Chuck Hawks aka Randy Wakeman saying they are are great mid price range scope. I think Ill believe you guys. I know all of you cant be working for Simmons
Old 07-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Simmons Scopes

I'd advise folks to consider the sample size. I like the Chuck Hawks site because they're not beholden to advertisers. That said, you have 1 person reviewing a sample size of 1. I'm sure they're giving us they're honest opinions, but they're not generally getting to look at a representative sample of a production run.

The people on sites like this one likely don't have the experience or expertise (in the AGGREGATE, folks!) that Chuck or Randy do, but we're reporting on dozens, or even hundreds, of experiences with a product. When product failures are seen on a regular basis by many different sets of eyes, that tells you something.

In my opinion, the prices of the widely-respected scopes are coming down so rapidly, that the Simmons scopes would have to be sold at a huge discount to compete with the deals out there right now. The old model Sightrons & Nikon Monarchs spring to mind.

Just my$.02,

FC
Old 07-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Simmons scopes aren't mid-priced, they are lower tier price scopes. IMHO mid-price scopes take in the Elite 4200, Monarch and Conquest type scopes.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:22 PM

Well here is his exact words via cut and paste

Simmons Whitetail Expedition scopes come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty that says Simmons will repair or replace, without charge, any scope found to be defective in parts or workmanship. These scopes evidence a level of quality and performance well beyond their relatively modest price. They are also good looking scopes that do not seem out of place on high quality rifles. The Whitetail Expedition line deserves serious consideration from anyone purchasing a medium price riflescope
Old 07-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Like all these decisions, you'll have to let your own eyes be the judge. If your eyes prefer one scope overanother, you have'll your answer.

Lots of folks love Leupold scopes, but my eyes chose Zeiss. And since my eyes have to look throughmy scope, I don't feel badly in the least about my choice.

However, I did factor-in the customer service reports of people on sites like this, too.

FC
Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a Savage 17HMR. It came with a Simmons 3x9x40 already on it. If the scope ever fails I'll replace it with a Nikon probably, but as good as it shooting right now I'm leaving the Simmons on there.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Simmons scope on my rifle and it does just fine.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a rifle at a gun show and a 3x9 simmons was included.The crosshairs broke within 100 rounds.A friend bout a 3x9 simmons at the same gun show,and it went blurry after about a box of ammunition.He sent it out for repairs and it almost made two boxes before turning blurry again.That is enough to guarantee thyat I will never spend money on another simmons.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both my brother and my cousin had the same experiences with the Simmons as stubble has..
On the one occasiuon, my cousin scope went blurry in the middle of hunting ..
Any scope can go at any time, but the fact remains Simmons is a questionable scope when comes ro reliability..

Old 07-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Okie48

Well here is his exact words via cut and paste

Simmons Whitetail Expedition scopes come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty that says Simmons will repair or replace, without charge, any scope found to be defective in parts or workmanship. These scopes evidence a level of quality and performance well beyond their relatively modest price. They are also good looking scopes that do not seem out of place on high quality rifles. The Whitetail Expedition line deserves serious consideration from anyone purchasing a medium price riflescope
Well if you are for one mans opinion..
BUYIT....
But honestly dude, yourchattingwith hunters some that have decades of experience some of whom have hunted all over the world, in extereme temps and environments using many different cals, and alot of different scope brands, and all, alot of us are saying is, there is better scope alternatives out there,that will hold up to all thisbetter,and longer than a Simmons..

Quick Reply: Simmons Scopes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.