Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Simmons Scopes

Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 PM

Default RE: Simmons Scopes

I had an 8pnt simmons on my .35 Marlin when I was just getting started and poor. it help up to about 30 rounds of Hornady before coming apart internally.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 PM

A Simmons scope came on my new Savage.I guess that what all the Savage package rifles have on them. Ill save and upgrade. Maybe a Nikon
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed a buck that would have scored over 150 inches last fall... then another 130-140... then a small 8... then almost missed a doe at 50 yards broadside aiming in the center of her chest...So pissed. Went to sight it in and it was shooting low and left a foot then right a foot on the next shot... lucky I missed clean.Granted this was a .50 cal muzzleloader but still that made me mad. No more simmons for me
Old 07-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Okie48

A Simmons scope came on my new Savage.I guess that what all the Savage package rifles have on them. Ill save and upgrade. Maybe a Nikon
My Savage 30-06 came with the 3-9x40 Simmons. It is an OK scope and I can shoot tight groups with that. I just upgraded it to the Nikon. Much better! I also changed the mount and rings on the Savage, but that is another story.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:01 PM

Well I gotta know. Why did you have to change the mounts and rings?? Savage 30-06
Old 07-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

I did not like the set up. It is one of those types where you have only 2 screws on each rings. Those screws tighen scope and hold the ring to the mount. I put instead the Leupold standard rings/mount. Looks a lot more secure.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 AM

I have a simmons scope on one of my guns and it's alright. Youve got to remember that it is not a high price gun and I believe that for the most part you get what you pay for. especially with optics. the simmons scope does ok as long as your not shooting a real long range and the weather is okay. If it's wet they kinda suck.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Its surprising how many people continue to purchase and use the cheap end of scopes, knowing it is higher possibility that ina short matter of time that they will fail. A $150 difference in scope value could mean the difference in a successful, enjoyable hunting season rather than all the time and money being flushed down the drain.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 AM

Simmons scopes are alright, i would personally never recommend them to anyone. If you want to purchase one its all up to you. My opinion i would save for a better scope and save the time and money.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ericstokes250

Simmons scopes are alright, i would personally never recommend them to anyone. If you want to purchase one its all up to you. My opinion i would save for a better scope and save the time and money.
If "alright" is good enough for a hunter, then he or she go ahead & buy one. "Alright" must be good enough for enough hunters that Simmons can continue to stay in business. Given that much better glass is now selling for but a few more sheckels than these scopes, it would be interesting to see if they can continue tooperate with their current business model.

Quick Reply: Simmons Scopes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.