Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Nikon BDC recticle

Old 04-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nikon BDC recticle

I took it out of the box, looked at the reticle, read the iffy instructions on how to use the BDC reticle, put it back in the box and shipped it back the next day.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:58 AM

O.K. vadeerkiller, what didn't you like about it?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:02 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: papabearbill

O.K. vadeerkiller, what didn't you like about it?
Hate to answer for him, but I bet its for the same reason I don't. You have to go out and experiment and use your power adjust for each range. For instance, you might have to use 8 power for 300 yards, and 10 power for 500, or vise versa. Thats my reasoning. I rather have mil-dot. I kept mine, and still havnt got to go out and see where it hits at 300 or more. But I plan on keeping mine on 12 power and just knowing where it hits like first circle, 320yards, and second 450, etc.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:51 PM

Not being smart... but what's new. I got several Swarovski TDS and mil-dot. I haven't found the perfect bullet drop compensation except for the IOR MP-8 I had and it is to busy for hunting. I usually put a BDC scope on a rifle for a specific load and calibrate it for 6X if it is 10X max. and 10X if it is 18X or greater. Make sense?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:44 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: papabearbill

Not being smart... but what's new. I got several Swarovski TDS and mil-dot. I haven't found the perfect bullet drop compensation except for the IOR MP-8 I had and it is to busy for hunting. I usually put a BDC scope on a rifle for a specific load and calibrate it for 6X if it is 10X max. and 10X if it is 18X or greater. Make sense?
Well, whats new is mil-dot works. Lots of info out there for mildot, and mildot is uniform and we know the exact distances of the dots, lines, distance between the lines.

Hey man, if you like you BDC, go for it. Its your money not mine.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'm back, like bigcountry said, have to use different power adjustments, and so forth,I'm no expert by any means and couldn't figure out if I sighted in at 10 power could I turn it up to 16 power and would impact still be the same, too complicated for this redneck.